Thursday, May 24, 2018

"My Pillow" To The Rescue

May 24, 2018

Good morning.  The sun is shining, it's sixty four degrees and there is a teeny tiny breeze wafting past my flag every now and then.  I'm thinking that today Pogo and I will sit out on the porch for a while and go through a large stack of magazines and catalogues before tossing them into the recycle bin. 

Today, so far, is a much better day for me.  Yesterday, the pain went from my neck down to my upper back.  Actually, though, it was my own fault.  I can only stand in one spot for a couple minutes before the pain starts.  I was standing, going through a large box of old papers and other stuff, trying to get rid of a lot of things.

Eventually I had to stop and take a pain pill.  Then, while I was muttering under my breath, I carried the large box full of stuff outside and tossed it all in the recycle bin.  After that, I rested a while before trying to start supper.  Finally I put everything back in the refrigerator.  When DIL Janet got here, we ordered sub sandwiches for our supper. 

I guess I can add shredded steak and cheese to the list of foods that Pogo will eat.  He would not leave Janet's side until she shared a good part of her sandwich with him.  If she wasn't fast enough with the food, he would give her a nudge or a little woof to remind her to speed up a bit.

The pain in my back was getting increasingly uncomfortable so I got My Pillow and put it behind my back while I was sitting in the lounge chair.  This really did help considerably, so that's how I slept all night long.  I actually had a good sleep!  Guess who did not wake up grumpy? 

Last night, I was watching JTV (jewelry television channel) because they are beginning their year end inventory clearance sales and I'm looking for a couple things that I need for birthdays and Christmas.  Oh Wowsie!  Did I ever get lucky!  I found one of the items that I am looking for.  And such a great price!  Now I can cross one more thing off my Christmas shopping list.  Hmmm, maybe that's why I slept so good.

I absolutely love a great sale.  Don't you?  Next month, the sale prices will be awesome.  When I give a gift of jewelry, I prefer to give real gem stones set in sterling silver.  Especially when they cost less than costume jewelry. 

My yellow iris are starting to bloom, so I just went outside and took some photos.  I'll post them tomorrow.  Today, I dug a couple photos out from my archives to share.  I love to see the bees enjoying the flowers in my gardens.  It's a good sign.



Google is starting to do weird things on my post so I'll have to call it a day.  Till tomorrow folks, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

gypsyrose said...

Im glad the pain has eased a bit today for you. Pogo sounds a real charactor I can just picture him giving Janet a nudge love the bee on the flower photos look forward to seeing more of your plants take care x