Thursday, May 17, 2018

Another Lazy Day

May 17, 2018

Good morning.  Tis another nice day here in New England.  We're starting off in the fifties, but we'll end up in the seventies with lots of sunshine.  We did have a bit of rain during the night, so there are puddles everywhere.  These make wonderful birdbaths.  There's enough room in them that a whole flock of birds can get in and play together.

Well, yesterday turned out to be a lazy day.  For some reason I was plum tuckered out.  I really did not do very much, and had me a bit of a nap in the afternoon.  I did cook some hamburger for Pogo.  It's a shame I can't cook a few at a time and freeze some of them till I need them.  However, my little guy will not eat them if I do this.  I already tried. 

I do have a few photos of the greenhouse plants.  They seem to be doing pretty good.  Soon, though, I'll have to re-plant the veggie plants into the larger pots. 




The top photo is the strawberry plant, the middle photo is the bell peppers and the bottom photo is the tomatoes.  I did put plant food in all the pots, but I think I need to do it again, or at least buy one that I can spray on the plants to help them grow bigger.  I'll have to look it up on Google.

I'm missing blog posts from my friend Kyra.  She had a bad fall a while back and she's been laid up.  Do stop by her blog and leave some get well wishes.  I know she would appreciate it.  It's really hard to get back on your feet after a nasty fall.

Deanne came by yesterday afternoon to bring me a Mother's Day card.  Oh my goodness, it was so huge!  Wowsie!  I'll have to take a photo to share with you.  For some reason, Pogo loves the cards and the envelopes.  This one is really big and will keep him busy sniffing for a while.

DIL Janet came by last night with a huge bag of yarn to start her next project.  JoAnn's store had sent out a really super coupon, 40% off total purchase, so Janet bought enough yarn for two more afghans.  We ordered spinach pizza for supper, and then we crocheted while we watched TV and chatted. 

I worked on the tissue dolly dress, and am now on the bottom ruffle.  I just haven't been feeling like crocheting lately, probably because I was making so many mistakes and having to rip out rows so many times.  It felt good this time to pick it up again.  I think my next project will be an afghan for one of my great grandchildren.  I'd like to be able to make one for all of them. 

Now I think it's time for a fresh cup of coffee and a bit of blog reading.  It looks like it will be another lazy day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

gypsyrose said...

Your greeenhouse plants are looking good it will be nice to have home grown fruit and veg they taste much better than shop brought, not grown any recently but have done in the past.
It was nice that Janet stopped by and you had a nice evening together, 40% discount sounds a good offer on the wool.
Hope your having a good day take care x