Wednesday, April 18, 2018

It Looks Like Spring!!

April 18, 2018

Good morning.  Well, for two more minutes at least.  I've been busy doing goodness knows what all morning.  I didn't even go grocery shopping yet.  Maybe I will later.  The sun is shining and there is a little breeze.  The temperature is 46F degrees, and working its way up to the low fifties. 

As I look out my door, it looks like there may be tiny leaf buds coming on some of my trees.  Woo Hoo!  This is a good sign that Spring is finally taking hold.  Pretty soon my little gardens will be sporting some daffodil blossoms too. 

I've got lots of new catalogues to look through, but one item that already caught my eye was some hummingbird mint.  I'd like to plant some of that in hopes that it will draw more hummingbirds.  My beautiful Red Japanese Maple tree isn't looking so good this year.  I'm just hoping that I'm not going to have to cut it down. 

Last night I picked up the Cranberry and Pink afghan and started crocheting again.  I have to say it felt good.  Today I got some new dolly dress patterns in the mail.  One of the patterns is for the type of tissue dolly that I have so I'll give it a try later on. 

I found this adorable image on the web and thought that it was so like me.  I am so good at putting things away in safe places.  No one ever finds them, not even me!   Can any of you relate to this?  I also know that I shouldn't touch anything important.  If I do, it will probably never be seen again. 


I also found this very useful chart about healthy uses for berries.  I did not know this about the blackberries, the raspberries and the strawberries.  Hmmm, very interesting.


Now I think I need to finish washing the dishes that I started before sitting down to post here.  Then I want to put the meat for tonight's supper in the microwave for a few minutes to thaw.  The recycle bins have been emptied so I guess today is a good day to toss out a few more things. 

Here's another wonderful image that I borrowed from the web.  May God watch over all our animals. 


So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: