Friday, March 2, 2018

The Wind Is Howling And The Rain Is Pouring

March 2, 2018

Good morning.  Well, I tried to sleep the morning away, but my conscience just wouldn't let me do it.  I spent most of yesterday paying bills and packing our suitcase, crossing things off my list and making a new list of  "to do" things. 

I guess the excitement got to me because I was too excited to sleep last night.  Plus I was a bit worried about the nasty weather that was beginning here in New England  Well, that weather is already here and it is raining.  Some of the wind during the night broke the flag over the main front door to the house, so Joe will have to take it down when he gets home. 

As I look out my door, the wind is blowing the rain sideways.  I imagine that by tonight, my whole parking area will be one huge puddle.  The good part is that I don't live by the water (where I would love to live) so the incoming ocean waves and storm surge won't be washing my house away.  Of course, I still have to worry about flooding in my cellar.  So, we'll just have to keep an eye on that.

Daughter Deanne just sent me some photos from last night's rehearsal for tomorrow's drama competition.  These are part of Jazzy's activities this last year in high school.  The newspaper photographer, Marc Vasconcellos was there and this will be in today's paper. 



Jazzy has been accepted by two colleges so far, but it is not what she wants.  Because of sickness and losing her voice several times over this winter, she was not able to meet the deadlines for her auditions to the colleges she likes best.  So, she will take some time off after graduation, and hopefully, make all of these auditions in the upcoming Fall and Winter.  Meanwhile, she will be performing at the Paris Cabaret.  A wise choice Jazzy!

As I look out my door now, I'm seeing pieces of branches on the ground near the front of our driveway.  I'm sure there is more in the rest of the yard.  The wind has been getting a bit feisty now and then.  When the dwarfs start coming in from work, they will probably need small boats to get from their vehicles to the front porch. 

One of the guys just got home.  Yup, he got soaked way up over his ankles just getting out of his car!  Oh well, that's what happens when you don't keep a "fold up" canoe in your car.  Of course, I don't know why he bothered to back in.  It didn't help to keep him dry!


I'm hoping that all this rain will help to fill up our ponds and reservoirs.  They are so in need of lots of rain water. 

The commercial for Inogen 4 (portable oxygen) is on TV.  Gosh, I want that one!  It is so expensive and I don't think that the insurance or Medicare will help to pay for it.  When I get back from vacation, I'm going to look into it to see how I can afford it. 

Now I think I should get out to the kitchen and finish washing the dishes.  So, till tomorrow (Yes, I'll try to post tomorrow because I won't be able to post on Sunday), Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: