Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Happy Belated Birthday Eddie

March 13 2018

Good morning.  Tis another beautiful day here in Fla Fla.  Sadly, that's not the case  back home.  The folks at home are in the midst of another N'oreaster.  Snowfall expected back home is between 12 - 18 inches.  More trees and power lines are coming down and there are more power outages.  And, the  forecast is for another storm next week?  Oh wow, I hope not!

Yesterday was SIL Eddie's birthday. I forgot, my bad!!  Eddie, I hope your day was awesome. Happy belated  birthday, Eddie, from me and Pogo.  We love you.

This  morning I need to call my doctor's office again to see if they are going to fax me a letter saying that it is okay for me to take my portable oxygen on the plane.  I did not realize that I needed this letter to take it on the plane.  Once I got to Boston's airport, I learned that without a letter from your doctor and a spare battery, you cannot use your portable oxygen while you are on the plane.  It has to go in the overhead storage bin for the duration of the flight. 

Hmmm, I wonder what happens if you find yourself needing oxygen?  Last year's flight home was not fun.  I don't want a repeat of it.  Hopefully, the doctor will have the letter that I need faxed to me here.  (It's always something, isn't it?)

Today's temperature will be around seventy.  It's the perfect temperature for walking around, so maybe we will go out today.  I need to find me a cardboard box (and buy some packing tape) so I can send a few things home that won't fit into my suitcase. I usually go to the pack and mail store in Celebration to mail my boxes out.  It's right up the street and easy to get to.

Today I have some photos of some of the palm trees in Old Town.  In this first photo, there's a ring of gorgeous flowering bushes around the foot of the tree.  See the second photo for a close up of the flowers.





Deanne has just sent me some photos of the trees in a neighbor's yard attempting to come down under the weight of the new snow.  If they come down, they will take down Deanne's fence and her pool.  So far, just the top of one of the trees has drooped over the fence and is resting in the pool, while another branch is resting on the fence. 



I'm still waiting for Joe to send me pictures from our yard.  When (and if) I get them, I'll post a couple here.  I just called home to ask how things look there, and my answer was "white, very white!"  I will be following the Weather Channel all day and night because the storm isn't supposed to let up back home until late tonight.

Joe just called me and said that we already have ten inches of wet heavy snow.  The shoveling is very difficult, and he's taking a break right now before going back out to shovel more snow.  Sad to say, the other guys in the house are not in any rush to go out and help Joe with the shoveling.  Hmmm, what else is new?

Now I think I'll take my leave.  It's almost time to make some lunch.  I'm thinking that we'll have spinach pizza for lunch.  Mmmmm!  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a super day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

gypsyrose said...

Im glad you are enjoying some nice weather Sounds like they had a lot of snow back home hope it will have gone before you have to go back the flowers around the palm trees are so pretty, its nice to see them. hope you get your letter ok enjoy your last few days there x

LV said...

What a difference parts of the world go through. I wold probably extend my stay in Florida. I do not like cold weather.