Monday, February 5, 2018

Painting Rocks Looks Like Fun

February 5, 2018

Good morning.  Well, the sun is shining and the temperature is 39F degrees.  Rather a nice day for winter time.  Our flag is slowly waving in the gentle breeze.  Yup, it looks nice outside my door. 

I've called for a fuel delivery, and I've put in a call to my doctor with a request for him to phone in an antibiotic for me.  The fuel will come tomorrow, but I doubt the doctor will keep his word and phone in some medicine for me.  I really don't want to drive feeling the way I do, but we shall see. 

I slept rather patchy all through the night.  At one point, I got up and took a shower thinking that it might make me sleep better.  After that, I had a hot cup of soup that my friend Kyra had sent to me.    While I was enjoying my soup, Pogo had some hamburger that he had saved from supper.  Then we went back to bed and slept for a few hours.  Here's my cutie.  Wow, look at that tongue!


The mail carrier has just come by with a big batch of catalogues and a few more bills.  Goodie goodie.  One bill is for the house insurance, and I really do want to get that one paid before I leave for vacation.  Another bill is for electric power.  Wowsie!!  It's another huge bill.  These electricity bills are double what they normally were.  I wonder how this can be legal.  And we don't even have a choice about which company to use.  There's only one electric company in this area.

To go on to a much nicer subject, a couple of my blog friends have written about finding painted rocks in their areas.  I've never seen them around here, but it sounds so interesting.  Dover even has a couple of books to teach yourself how to paint rocks.  Hmmm, I just need a few more hours each day for all the fun stuff I'd like to try.



I guess the idea is to paint these little rocks, and then hide them somewhere around town.  When folks find them, they hide them again so that someone else can find them.  What a fun idea!

Now I'm going to wait to see if the doctor calls me back.  If he doesn't call back in the next couple of hours, I'll call his office again.  I'm off now, So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Beth Reed said...

Hi Edna,
I really hope that by the time that you read this, the doctor has called you in an antibiotic and will have you feeling better in no time. This is really what I was afraid of when your heat started playing out and you got so cold. Let me know what his office says but I bet you he makes you come in.
I won't call. I will let you call me in case your able to rest and I know that talking is hard on your breathing and it would make you start to cough so I will let you get to feeling better.

Wow where did Pogo get that tongue??? LOL... I don't remember it being so long haha. He is such a cutie and is it me or is he getting a bit better at having his photo taken? He is just too cute!

I love the stone painting books. They do look like fun. We have tons and tons of rocks around here that would be great for the painting.
Oh how is the yarn basket going? I would love to see a picture of it.
Better go. Someone I know is sitting here looking at me and is ready for lunch. Hugs, xxx Beth and Cisco

gypsyrose said...

I really hope the doc got your meds sorted out for you so you can start taking them, Sorry you had a bad night , hope tonight will be a better one, love the books of painted stones I get the e mail from dover but never really look at them but will look out for these books next time I get one. look after yourself x