Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Oh What A Beautiful Day!

February 20, 2018

Good morning.  Today is cloudy (so far) but it is warm.  We enjoyed temps of 50F degrees through the night, and today should reach 60F degrees.  I can definitely dig it!!  Tomorrow will be even warmer.  Pogo and I are enjoying it while we have it. 

I'm even getting little spurts of new found energy lately.  It must be because I'm on the mend finally.  My projects haven't been too physical, but I'm getting lots of little things done.  It's a great feeling.  I spent a little time yesterday updating my little laptop.  I still have a bit more to go, but I'm getting there.

Last night, I finished off the crocheted blue baby blanket that I've been working on a little bit here and there.  It took me longer than it should have because my heart just wasn't into it.  I don't really like working on all solid colors.  However, it is finished and now I'll put it in a zipper bag and put it in the gift tote.  Here's a photo of the blanket.


I think I mentioned earlier that I had ordered a new pattern book for the toilet tissue dollies.  I took photos of it to share with you here.  Gosh, these dresses are so beautiful!  Have a lookee.



Now my fingers are just itching to start working on these dollies.  Alas, the doll bodies haven't arrived yet, and they are going in my suitcase anyway.  Gosh, just eleven more days and Pogo and I be on our way to Fla Fla.  Woo Hoo!

Yesterday, I did some laundry, and I washed my winter jackets too.  I think I'll be putting all but one of them into a bag for Big Brother Big Sister, and just keep one of them for myself.  I don't go out much in the cold weather, so I don't really need more than one jacket. 

Later today I want to put aside a few things that need to be put into the bank safety box.  Pogo and I can take care of this tomorrow while we are out gallivanting.  I need to get out his stroller and clean it up.  It's been put away all winter so it's a bit dusty.  I thought I might take my walker with the basket for Pogo to Florida, but I think he'll be more comfortable in his stroller. 

Mac and Audrey have been having a grand time at the Taxidermy conference in Austria.  They're also having a great time trying new foods and drinks, and meeting new folks.  Here's a photo that they posted on Facebook yesterday. 


Today, I'll put some of Pogo's blankets in the laundry.  I meant to do them yesterday, but I did the jackets instead.  I think I'll run the carpet sweeper around a bit too.  It's looking like the dust bunnies have invited too many of their friends and relatives here, and today a lot of them have to go.

Well, I've finished my coffee, so I think I'll get the laundry started.  Then I can sit down and do a bit of blog reading before I get started on chasing dust bunnies.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Beth Reed said...

Hi Edna,
It is always nice to finish off projects and to clear out things that someone else can use. We have a large semi truck trailer here at our local Walmart that has someone there to accept donations. I asked where the donations went to and he said all kinds of local charities here in Texas and disaster relief organizations. Good enough for me.

I wish Audrey and Mac a wonderful time in Austria. It is so good that they are trying new foods and meeting a lot of nice people. Austria has always been on my list of places to visit. But I will settle for Florida.
You have an awesome day... Love, Beth