Thursday, January 11, 2018

When It Rains, It Pours

January 11, 2018

Good morning.  Today is going to be nice and warm outside with temps maybe as high as 50F degrees.  Now if only I could figure out how to get the indoors nice and warm.  SIL Eddie stopped by yesterday after work and checked the thermostat.  It appears to be working.  It just doesn't call any heat to my part of the house. 

This has happened other winters.  It just hasn't lasted as long.  I'm hoping it straightens itself out soon.  I must say though, that there is one bright side to all of this.  My little Pogo has been right with me, all curled up in blankets and tucked beneath a warm afghan.  Together we keep each other toasty warm. 

As if this wasn't bad enough, I got my new electric bill in the mail yesterday.  Would you believe?  For one month, it is $875.00.  That's more than double the last month's bill.  It almost doesn't pay to turn the lights on anymore.  I can't think of anything we've done differently this past December than we've done any other month that would cause such a huge increase in the billing. 

I don't have any new photos today so I thought I would post some Dover puzzles for you to enjoy.  Each puzzle has two identical photos, except that there are five or six differences in each of the pictures on the right.  Can you find them?  Have fun, and I'll post the answers tomorrow.




Well, my coffee is stone cold now, so I think I'll make myself a hot cup of cocoa and watch TV for a while.  On that happy thought, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs,, Edna B.

3 comments:

LV said...

I am sure where you live the utility bills are higher, but that's ridiculous. You need to question this. Even with big house and usage, never should be that high. I could not afford to live there. I love these type puzzles and have no trouble finding the differences. Stay warm.

gypsyrose said...

That sounds an awful lot for a months electric can you ask them to check it , sorry your still not getting the heat through hope its sorted soon. I will save you puzzle pages for the grandkids they willl enjoy them look after yourself and Pogo of course x

Kathy said...

That is a LOT of money to pay for electric. Maybe you should call the company and find out what is going on. We have had our heat up but the house is still cold. It seems to come right through the walls when it is so cold. Fortunately it went up in the low 60s today. It felt like Spring! Thanks for the Dover pages. I like trying to find the differences.