Sunday, December 17, 2017

Only Two Weeks Left To This Year!

December 17, 2017

Good morning.  It's one o'clock in the morning and I'm sitting here typing and enjoying my morning cup of coffee.  I must confess, I fell asleep very early after having a nice nap yesterday afternoon, so sleeping through the night just isn't in the cards for me.  But that's okay. 

Yesterday was one of those days where I just could not get out of my own way.  A restless, dreary day.  Ever have one of those days?  Thank goodness they only come around once in a very long while.  About the only thing I accomplished all day was to cook supper for Pogo and me.

Today though, will have to be different.  I have to go shopping to pick up things for the house just in case we get a new dwarf later this week.  The spare room is in need of a new rug, plus a few other things before anyone can move into it. 

Tomorrow, I have to be going out too because I have an appointment with my orthopedic doctor.  This is just for a check up on my shoulder.  Maybe on my way home I'll stop and pick up a few groceries.  We'll see how things are going when tomorrow gets here. 

Yesterday daughter Deanne called to give me some awesome news.  It seems that Kevin has been saving up all his money and used it to buy his dad a car for Christmas.  Wowsee!  (Is it any wonder why I'm so proud of Kevin and his sister?)  Today, Deanne sent me photos of Tink Tink.  That's what SIL Eddie calls his new car.  It's one of those little smart cars.  Here are the photos that Deanne sent to me.



Jazzy's photo was in the newspaper again this past Thursday.  Tonight is the Starliners last performance of the Christmas show at the Paris Cabaret.  Jazzy is the second girl from the left in the back row.  The show is awesome.  These young ladies are super talented!


I'm looking forward to next month's show.  They will be singing more music from the eighties and from Broadway musicals.  At least that's what I think they're doing.  I'll know for sure when the Cabaret postcards are printed for January. 

Folks, do you realize that next Sunday is Christmas Eve?  Already?  I can't get over how quickly this year has flown by.  Not only that, in just two weeks it will be New Year's Eve.  I know that time seems to go by quicker as we get older, but yeesh!   Gosh, this means that I have to start getting my tax stuff all in order starting in just a couple of weeks.  Aye, yi yi!

Well, a re-run of the Johnny Carson show is starting now on TV, so I think I'll watch it and then crawl back under the covers for a few more winks.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

I know those days, when you get in your own way and can;t really accomplish anything!!!
Gosh, a new dwarf may live with you. i am curious to know who that will be.
What a very special and wonderful person is Kevin! So nice of him to buy his Dad that car(love it, such a handy little car, cute!). when do you hear nowadays about youngsters who give such a wonderful present to a parent? Not so often.
Deanne and Eddie and kids are a very special family, I have to say.
Stay safe and healthy and have a wonderful Christmas week to come!
Hugs
Kyra

Dee Jaynes said...

Thank you Kyra :)