Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Welcome November

November 1, 2017

Good morning.  It's early, but the sun is doing its best to make things a bit warmer and cheerier.  The temperature right now is 32F degrees, but it should climb up another twenty five degrees to 57F degrees later today.  Gosh, I hope so.  I'm not really ready for freezing temps.

I don't imagine my houseplants out on the porch are very happy with me right about now.  I'll have to check on them when I finish this post.  I probably should start bringing them indoors anyway.  Maybe I should wait another week though because the temps for next five days and nights are not going to be this cold. 

Today we start another new month.  Welcome November!  Even though I'm not so crazy for the colder weather, this is really a pretty month.  At least around here.  Our trees are still changing color and losing leaves.  This is the month that I want to get all my Christmas cards addressed and ready for mailing.  I'd like to have all my packages ready for mailing by the beginning of December.  I may even make it!  Here's the November page from my calendar.


And here's Maxine's November page.  As usual, she's her cranky self. haha.


Well, as you know, Pogo and I did not go on this year's Halloween ride.  However, quite a large group of our witchy friends stopped by late last night for a quick "hello" and a warm bit of tea before heading back out on their ride.  It really was nice to see them again. 

Children everywhere were out in costumes last evening, ringing door bells and begging for candy.  We don't get any around here, but years ago, we would have lots of children stopping by.  Here are a few photos that were sent to me.  The first three photos are great grandson Xander, grandson Bobby, and great granddaughter Aurora.




Next we have daughter Deanne and SIL Eddie.  As always, they are adorable as zombies.


And here we have granddaughter Andi, her fiancé Charles and great granddaughter Alena.


Halloween is such a fun night, with parties everywhere and folks all dressed up in so many different costumes.  Pogo did not want to dress up in his costume.  Instead he got into his jammies and climbed into bed.  My little guy is getting older now and would rather stay in and watch TV.  Yup, just like his mama! 

Later this morning, we will have to go out.  I have a package that needs to be mailed and we need to stop by the bank.  After that, if we have time we'll either stop by JoAnns Fabric Store or Ocean State Job Lot.  I guess it all depends on how we feel at that time. 

That's my news for this morning.  Now I think I'll make another cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: