Friday, November 3, 2017

Tis A Gorgeous Day Today!

November 3, 2017

Good morning.  It's simply gorgeous outside today.  The temperature will reach 71F degrees today, but then will drop thirty four degrees tonight to 37F degrees.  Now that's quite a big drop!  Still, I'm going to enjoy today.

Well, Pogo and I did not make it out yesterday to do any errands, but we will today.  My day is starting with a bit more energy than I had yesterday.  However, I did get a few things done yesterday.  I even started addressing envelopes for my Christmas cards.  Sixteen of them are signed, sealed and ready for stamps.  I'll wait to put the stamps on them when it is time to mail them out.

While I was addressing envelopes, the mailman came and had another big box for me.  Woo Hoo!  It was my yarn order.  Oh my!  I will be busy crocheting for quite some time now.  After seeing the colors in person, I will definitely change one of the colors that I was planning on using with the "Spice" yarn.  I'm not sure which color to change, but I'll have fun deciding.

A while ago, when I was going through some photographs, I came across an envelope containing three very old photos.  Many years ago when my mother in law was packing things to move from one condo to another, she tossed a big box of photos onto the trash pile and I grabbed up quite a few of them to save for my hubby. 

Amongst these photos was this envelope of old photos of American Indians.  The dates on the back of the photos says 1918.  I don't know who they are, but they are very impressive. 




I'm not sure why my MIL had these photos, or who they are, but it would be interesting to know who they are and some of their history.  Unfortunately, I wouldn't know where to begin because there was no other information written on the backs of them.

Yesterday, I got a really nice coupon in my email from JoAnn's Fabric store, so that's where Pogo and I will go today.  If I don't find anything I want or need, that's okay.  It's a beautiful day for a ride.  While we're out, we'll stop by Ocean State Job Lot too.  We always manage to find something there that we just have to bring home with us. 

Well, I think it's time for me to get dressed so that I'll be ready to leave after the mail comes.  Pogo keeps sitting by the door, so I know he will be super happy to know that we are going in the car.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have an awesome weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: