Sunday, October 22, 2017

A Very Restful Weekend

October 22, 2017

Good morning.  It's starting off to be another gorgeous day here in New England.  The sun is shining and the temperature is working its way up toward seventy degrees.  It's only 53F degrees right now, but it will soon be warm enough to sit out on the porch for a while.

So far, it has been a quiet weekend here.  Friday night I finished the Orange Sherbet afghan.  Oh my, it is beautiful!!  After that, I went looking through all my yarn stash to see if there were any unfinished projects that I might like to work on.  I did find a lapghan that I had started, so I took it out and worked on that yesterday. 


I also spent some time online looking up an easy knit pattern for this chevron stitch.  I prefer to crochet, but my friend Rhoda wants to try knitting it.  So far, this is the easiest knit pattern that I've found.


Rhoda, I'll send you the pattern.  If you try it, let me know how it comes out.  I'll keep looking for other knit chevron patterns that aren't very difficult.  When I was younger, I'd try any pattern, no matter how difficult.  But now that I'm older, I like the easy patterns best. 

I don't have too much planned for today.  At some point, I want to work on my calendar photos, and I want to spend some time working on quick pages.  If I get a spurt of energy, I may even do a bit of grocery shopping.  We'll see. 

Tomorrow is trash pickup day, so I do need to get my trash bagged and set outside.  I also have two large bags of recycles that need to be put out in the bins.  We do a lot of recycling here.  My understanding is that the cities and towns get money back from the recycling company for all the recycles are picked up.  Seems to be a win win situation. 

I've been going through my yarn catalogue, trying to decide on the colors for the next afghan.  I'm leaning toward either pinks or possibly a shade of purple with a green and a variegated yarn.  Hmmm, so many choices! 

Well, there's not much news this morning so I think I'll make a fresh cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: