Monday, July 24, 2017

Where Has All This Energy Come From?

July 24, 2017

Good morning.  Today is gray and wet.  Not complaining though.  We do need the rain, although I was hoping it would hold off until this afternoon.  I may have company for lunch and I was hoping to have our lunch out on the porch.  Ah well, no biggie. 

This morning, Pogo and I went out early to take Janice to work, and then we stopped by the Post Office to mail a box.  Yesterday, Janice and I packed up all the hat and scarf sets and got them ready for mailing.  Now they are on their way to the Indian School.  When I finish my dolls, I'll most likely make a few more hat and scarf sets.  Here are photos of the last two sets I finished.  The Café Latte and the Scarlet.



The weather was simply perfect yesterday, so Joe cleaned his truck and my car.  Wow, they sparkle now.  Thank you so much Joe.  Here he is finishing up my car.  Gosh, it looks brand new!


While Janice was here, she vacuumed the carpet and did a bit of dusting and cleaning for me.  She's a peach, and I so appreciate all her help.  I was looking through a book of sayings that I have, and the idea for my new Christmas card came right to mind.  I spent a little while on my laptop, and now my card is finished.  I'd love to share it here but that would spoil the fun at Christmas. 

In the afternoon, I spent a little while on my "clean out" project.  Later, I made a batch of macaroni salad for today.  In between all this, I did three loads of laundry.  Phew!  Is it any wonder why I fell asleep early last night? 

This morning, I made up a bowl of tuna salad and put it in the fridge to get cold.  After that, I started my new grocery shopping list.  It's getting scary, all this new found energy!  I guess I can say now
that I'm finally back on my feet as long as my breathing is okay. (and my feet aren't swollen)  This is good.  It's been a long haul this time.

Well, I guess that's all my news for this morning.  Now I want to do a bit of blog reading before I start in on any chores.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning you two! Hope this lovely Monday finds you both happy and full of energy for this next week. I am visiting my favorite blogs to catch up this morning as I watch the last of the raindrops disappear! We had some storms very early with some lingering light rain, but now it is all giving way to lots of gorgeous sunshine and increasing the heat and humidity again. We've had triple digit weather for awhile now, after all...July & August in Texas is HOT! HOT! HOT!
So nice to know you are getting back in the swing of things. Thanks for the QPs and all the updates. I am ashamed I do not visit daily, but this thing called life gets in the way a lot! ROFL. Have a marvelous week ahead! hugs to both of you! Mat

Unknown said...

Edna,
I just love your latte hat and scarf set. I knew that color would be pretty but oh wow.... it is really gorgeous. It is really great that you also have gotten them mailed out. To bad the rain will now leave rain drops on your newly washed car! Send some our way, will you please.

My entire morning has been a coming and going. I am meeting myself as I come and go. My kids are trying to do some adjusting for my medical appointments for August as they are needed to accompany me on a couple. They are really not happy at all with my doctor and her rules. Such as filling out paperwork for them to take advantage of their time off work FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act). She will not fill it out unless they are present which no other doctor has ever had to do before. The doctor filled it out and faxed it back but she refuses to do so unless they are present so that means taking time off work to go with me.

Oh well, I must go. I have some important calls to make today and I hope to get over to my blog sometime today. Love to you and Pogo from Cisco and Beth xoxoxoxxoxo

Mary Ann Roesler said...

I have been so busy better getting the book ready to publish and getting ready for our 55th anniversary party Sunday that I am way behind on your blog. Going to catch up now before I start the next thing. On top of all that our washing machine died this morning. I told Gene that was going to happen this week and it did. Don't have time to go shopping for one now!

Loved the color of the scarves. What an angel you are to do that for all those children. My grandmother always sent a check to them for the missions. Doing shows more love however because it takes time, which everyone thinks is more valuable.

smiekeltje said...

Hello, there i am again! I will have to read all your other posts of the last 2 weeks but that will be for another day.
Don;t want to spend too long at the computer.
So good to hear you're getting back some of the "öld" energy.
It sucks when it takes so long to recover, I know it all!
So I will hop over to my blog now to make a post as update LOL.

For now, sending you a BIG hug!
Kyra