Thursday, May 25, 2017

My Pogo Is An Awesome Little Fellow

May 25, 2017

Good afternoon.  I've been up all morning, but there were some things that needed to be done.  Today is wet and gray, and tomorrow should be the same except that the sun may come out tomorrow afternoon and chase away the rain.  Now if only the temps would warm up to the 70's.  Mid to upper seventies is about perfect. 

DIL Janet came by after work yesterday, and we had a really nice visit.  She brought her crochet project with her to work on while we watched TV.  I think I mentioned that she's making a queen size afghan for her sister (for Christmas).  It's really quite pretty.  Next week, I'll take a photo of it to share.

You know, Pogo has a little friend, Cisco, who lives in Texas.  Every now and then Pogo goes on the internet to Amazon and orders a little goodie to send to his friend.  A few days ago, he sent him some more cookies and a new bed.  Now when Cisco gets a box in the mail, he gets all excited and can't wait to see what's inside the box. 

Here are a few photos that Beth (Cisco's mom) took of Cisco and his "Baby" with his new goodies.  I have to say that watching a doggie get this excited and be this happy really warms my heart.  Pogo's too!




Well, we didn't go out yesterday, and it's supposed to be wet tomorrow too so I guess we'll be going out shopping on Saturday.  Meanwhile, I'll finish the Café Latte hat and scarf set, and maybe start a new one. 

As soon as I can get to the yarn store, I'm going to pick up some red yarn and try to make a few baby hats for next February.  I also need to pick up yarn for another baby blanket.  Hmmm, I guess my projects for this year will keep me busy right up until Christmas. 

Well, it's time to see about some lunch for Pogo and me.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
Your so right, your Pogo is an awesome little fellow and Cisco is so proud to call him his friend. Right now Cisco is in his bed with Chicki. Only Cisco knows where he hid Baby but I have a feeling that he has him on the other side of my bed.

I am so glad that you and Janet had a nice evening. Her project sounds beautiful. What a wonderful Christmas present for her sister. I am sure that the latte hat and scarf is turning out beautiful and yes Valentines Day will be here before you know it. That is such a sweet idea to make the little hats for the babies. You and Pogo have such big hearts!

Nathan is still fighting that tooth. He was really sick this morning when Karyn came to get him for work and she said for him to call in. They turned around and came home after she had to pull over two or three times. His manager threatened to fire him and Jon said let them do it. He can draw his workers benefits while searching for a new job closer to home. They have been treating him and a couple of other employees really bad in hopes that they quit so they don't have to pay benefits. So far Nathan has hung in there but dang he has never missed a day and he is sick and with a bad toothache too. This manager wants his friends to work and hopes to make it hard so the others will quit.

We have another hot day. 92 degrees right now and supposed to top out at 96 degrees. We haven't hit the 100 degree mark but I suspect that we will soon.

Thank you for posting the pics of Cisco on your blog. He will like that as soon as I tell him after his nap! No coffee for me today. I had a hard time sleeping and so it was late when I woke up and so I am having some water. I wish I could sleep like I use to.
Have an awesome day and give Pogo lots of hugs and kisses from Auntie Beth and Cisco. Hugs to you too.. xx Beth

Unknown said...

Oh Edna, I forgot to tell you thank you for the latest pack of recipe pages! Hugs, xx Beth

smiekeltje said...

That present for Cisco turned out to be a really good one! You're such a sweet soul to do this for Beth and her Cisco(and Pogo is greathearted too, of course).
So good of you that you keep on doing projects with the crocheting. I am doing nothing of the kind at the moment.
I can't keep making on large blankets or afghans, I have nobody to give them to, for one. Then I also have to be careful with spending the money, cannot afford to buy whatever I want at the moment. And then there are other things that i consider more important. Oh well, some day I will find an idea to first use up left over yarn. For now I am fine not doing any project in the evening. But I am sure one day my hands will itch again LOL.
Stay safe and hope soon you will have great weather again.
Hug
Kyra