Friday, May 26, 2017

Have A Great Memorial Day Weekend

May 26, 2017

Good morning.  Well, tis another gray and damp day.  However, there's hope that the sun will come out later today.  During the night we had thunder and a bit of lightning but it didn't last very long.  I got up once to go out and look at it, but then I went right back to sleep. 

The senior prom for Brockton High School was held last night at Gillette Stadium.  Our Jazzy was invited to attend with a friend.  My goodness, but she looked beautiful. 


It's sort of bittersweet when our little girls grow up.  Isn't it?  We've raised them to become responsible adults, but then we miss the little girl who needed us, and who confided with us about all her fears and growing pains.  It's all part of the joys and tears of motherhood. 

I recently finished another hat and scarf set.  The yarn for this set is called "Hot Stripes" but I like to call it chili pepper.  Actually, the colors are a lot prettier in person.


Tonight I'll finish off the other set I'm working on, then I'll take another photo.  I need to work on the baby blankets for a while now so that I can finish them before the baby gets here.  I'll have to ask the kids if there's anything special they need for the new baby.  I'm thinking they'll be needing another car seat.  Well, I'll see what they say.

Gosh, the sun came out for a few minutes, but now it's gray again.  Pogo and I will definitely wait until tomorrow to go out shopping.  I'm looking forward to it.  While we're out, I think I'll look for one of those outdoor rugs to put on the porch.  I've seen some pretty ones in the sales ads. 

This is Memorial Day weekend.  So, while you're enjoying your barbeques and family gatherings, don't forget the real reason behind this holiday.  It's a time to remember all the men and women who have died while serving in our country's armed forces.  God bless all our military personnel.

Now I'm off to make some lunch for Pogo and me.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

dee said...

My baby girl brings tears to my eyes with her beauty and swells my heart with pride with her talent- and put those two together and add to that - that she's a pretty good kid- I have been blessed

smiekeltje said...

Jazzy looks so beautiful on that photo!
I can imagine it is bitter sweet to see your children grow up. ou want them to be adults but also want to keep them as little ones. Same with us I guess. We have grown up, with ups and downs, and that it good, but sometimes I wishes I still was about perhaps 11-12 years old. Life was much easier then, without all those grown up responsibilities and all those bills and life problems. Naturally we had our own problems as 11 or 12 year old ones, but oh, it still was less complicated!
But alas, we cannot turn back the clock.
Now i quickly will read another blog and then post something on mine.
ave a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra