Monday, May 22, 2017

Gray Skies Today

May 22, 2017

Good morning.  Tis quite gray and cool outside today.  I think we're supposed to be in the low to mid 50's all day, and then warm up a bit tomorrow.  Gosh, weather is really crazy nowadays.  The heat's been shut off so it's rather cool indoors too.  I guess today is flannel bathrobe day!

Well, yesterday Deanne took me grocery shopping at Walmart.  I have to say, things aren't looking so good at Walmart.  So many items were out of stock and no one was busy filling the shelves.  They did not have half the items on my list, and some items I just didn't bother looking for. 

One of the things on my list was a garden hand tool set.  Somehow, mine seem to disappear once they go out into the main house.  Surprise, surprise.  Walmart's garden tools were made of plastic.  Imagine trying to dig in the garden with a plastic shovel?  Obviously, I did not buy these.

I did get enough food though, to carry Pogo and me for a while.  I'm hoping to get out shopping again sometime this week to pick up some of the items that I could not get yesterday.  Obviously, I'll be going to a different store.

The other day I took photos of some of the blossoms in the yard.  Here, we have some yellow iris and some lilacs.  The iris plants are so tall and heavy that I'll have to find some props to keep them standing up.



The wisteria is blooming too.  Gosh, it is so pretty when it mingles in with the beautiful red of the maple tree.  The second photo was taken by looking up towards the sky (from beneath)  The colors all blending together are just beautiful.



I was hoping to go to the bank today so that I could pay some bills.  If I don't make it out today, I'll have to go by tomorrow.  Maybe I'll be able to make it to the hardware store too, so that I can pick up some more planting soil and a new set of hand tools for the garden. 

While I was at Walmart, I looked at different kinds of wood sealer (for my porch) but there was no one around to ask for help in choosing the right kind of stuff.  It's different at the hardware store.  There is always someone to help you choose the right products.

Well, the morning is flying by and I haven't accomplished much of anything except to feed Pogo his breakfast.  I think it's time I tried to get just a little busy around here.  So, on that happy note, I'll take my leave.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Oh gosh, paying bills isn;t nice at all but it has to be done, and then better at time.
I have waiting some big bills waiting too, I will have to do them next week.
Sometimes I too go to our supermarket and then there are days there is a lot of stock missing. I wonder why is that. I know they go over the pricetag hanging at the shelf where the product has to be and the laserthing reads the barcode then seems to check with amount of stock there still is, but that doesn;t always is right. Nobody seems to bother to check "manually"and give a sign to whoever that there isn;t stock anymore.
Hope you find the right woodfiller(there are so many different ones) and that you find a nice set of hand gardentools.
Hug
Kyra