Sunday, April 9, 2017

Such A Pretty Day Today

April 9, 2017

Good afternoon.  Tis a gorgeous day here in my little part of New England.  The weatherman says that the next four or five days will also be gorgeous.  I've just set a little glass table out on the porch so that my two plants (orange jasmine and bird of paradise) can sit outdoors for a while. 

After all these months of carefully taking care of these two plants, I do believe I have succeeded in  killing the orange jasmine plant.  I'm not sure how I managed that.  I'll have to think about whether or not I want to replace the plant. 

I'm really hoping that the sunshine and warmer temps will put a bit of energy into me.   I could surely use it.  Pogo too.  My little guy wants so bad to play out on the porch, but until it is opened up and cleaned up, he can't. 

I also need to pick up a couple gallons of the water resistant wood covering and coat my whole porch.   I think I really need to get in my car and start driving it again.  There are lots of things that need to be done. 

Somehow during the past month, I lost my handicap parking placard.  The other day, I downloaded a form, filled it out and mailed it so that I can get a replacement.  Hopefully, I'll get it before the end of the month. 

While I was online at the RMV's website, I noticed something that really bothered me.  It was this :  Click on the picture to make it larger so that you can read it better.


Does this bother you?  Why do people need a cheat sheet to pass the written exam?  Why bother to give the test at all?  Just hand folks the license.  Where's the morality?  The honesty?  I'm not really liking what we are becoming.  I'm not going to go on a rant here because it would take me days to cool down. 

Instead, I'm going to look to see if I have a staple remover so that I can start to take down the plastic from the porch screen.  I need to be able to see what's in my yard.  So, on that note, I'll take my leave.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a gorgeous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Edna,
Cheat Sheets? Ok yes I agree! If you can't pass a written test then you certainly do not need to be behind the wheel.

I am sorry about your plant, but I have managed to probably have killed my living Christmas Tree. I am sad but some things are not meant to be I don't think.

I have some things coming up and will not be around Wednesday and probably Thursday too but I will give you a call when I can. Cisco is out on a walk and Jon and I are headed out somewhere. He won't say where... so it is a surprise... Love to you and Pogo....