Monday, April 10, 2017

I Have My Porch Back

April 10, 2017

Good morning.  If today is half as nice as yesterday was, then we are going to have us another gorgeous day.  Pogo and I got to sit out in that gorgeous sunshine yesterday, and oh my, it was soooo good! 

Deanne and Eddie came by in the afternoon, and Joe went outside to help Eddie remove all the porch screen covers.  Today I'm hoping to clean some of the porch.  Just one small area at a time.  Then Pogo and I are going to sit out there for a while. 

Today the guy from the oxygen company is supposed to be coming by.  Also, today I need to finish going over my completed taxes and sign them and return them.  Once they are filed, I'll feel so much better. 

Audrey sent me a couple new photos.  The new bedroom and bathroom that she is having added on to her house are coming along nicely.  Such excitement!  This is such a fun time for Audrey. 


Here's a photo of great granddaughter Alena having her first pony ride.  In the beginning, she wasn't too sure if this was fun.  By the time the ride was over, she was having a grand time.


Well, now I think I'll shut off the heat, at least for today, and then open the door.  Pogo and I don't want to waste any of this awesome weather.  Who knows, maybe today I can plant my Chia plant.  If I do, I'll take photos to share. 

On that happy note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

It's a lovely day here in Pennsylvania too. It's supposed to go up in the 80s. Enjoy your porch. It's a great day to sit out there with Pogo.

RachelD said...

There's just something about the word "porch" which conveys an atmosphere all its own. "Verandah" and "Gallery" and even "lanai" and "Patio" have their own meanings, from sweeping shade to lemonade and swings, to cookouts to cocktails.

But a good old PORCH, now---that's a venue all its own, with screens or not, a comfy set of rockers or a glider, and a little table or two for a frosty glass, a magazine, to set down your glasses and gaze out at the neighbors' lawns and how the tulips are coming up. A morning in the shade as the day comes in, a wave to the passers-by, a little chat with whoever wanders up the walk---I remember those comfortable, convivial times so well, and there's just no place for such a meeting of friends and conversation and enjoying the Spring weather.

Many best wishes for a whole Spring and Summer enjoying the blessings of that porch with your Pogo---sounds like lovely company.

rachel

smiekeltje said...

Catching up now on the week! Didn;t have much time because of visit of my niece.
Glad you are having some nice days and that you can open up the porch now.
Going on to the next post, so see you there LOL!
Hug
Kyra