Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Creative Shopping Ideas

April 25, 2017

Good morning (for six more minutes).  I've been battling with Google and Blogger for the last hour just trying to get into my own blog.  I don't understand why this happens, but it seems that every two or three months, Google does stuff to mess up your accounts and make it difficult to have access to them. 

Today's temp is 50F and it is gray and damp.  We're expecting rain most of the day and night and tomorrow.  After that, I think the temps are supposed to warm up.  I hope so.  Pogo and I are wanting to spend a bit more time out on the porch.  It's been a wee bit too cool lately to sit out there for very long. 

Yesterday, I took a few photos of some of the new blooms in the yard.  Two little orange tulips opened up.  Oh my, they are beautiful!!


My lilac bush is full of purple buds.  I often wonder how they know to bloom in time for Mother's Day.


In the little garden by the shed, two gorgeous jonquils are blossoming.  There are lots of plants coming up in that garden, but these are the only two blooms so far.


And while I'm out getting these photos, Pogo is standing on the porch, watching me through the gate.  Oh gosh, how can you not love this little face???


I really must get back to normal soon.  I need to do a bit of grocery shopping and re-stock my bottled water supply. The first time out, I should take someone with me so that I can use my walker.  The other person can push the shopping basket, and I can sit on the seat on the walker when I need to.  If I'm up and walking for more than a few minutes, my back starts to ache, and I have to sit for a bit.

One of the local markets has a delivery program called "Pea Pod" and I may have to look into that.  Amazon has a similar program, and I'll look into that one too.  I can have my staple items delivered, and just make a quick trip to the market for a few special items.  Hmmm, seems like a plan.

It's time for lunch now, so I think I'll go see what I can make for Pogo and me.  Obviously, he will be getting doggie food (much to his chagrin!).  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

The blossoms look woderful.
I can understand that you have trouble walking for a longer time, and that your back hurts then. You just will have to get used to walking longer period again. Just take it slow, try to wake a little walk every day and every few days try to make it last a bit longer. And it is a good idea to take someone with you the first couple of times you go shopping again.
Oh and if you can have stuff delivered at your door(if possible without any or just small charges)it is great too.
And yes, you still can go out every now and then for something special you need.
Hahaha, Pogo will not love you all the time when he just gets doggie food, but it is good for him And of course every now and then he could get a little treat, but AFTER he has eaten his doggie food!!
Have a wonderful day,
Hug
Kyra

Nani said...

I use Amazon's Prime Pantry every 6 weeks or so and it's fabulous! It's kinda like an on-lineBig Lots grocery. There are well known products that change a little from time to time, (there are always Pop Tarts, but sometimes no strawberry, which I get for David. The prices for most of the cereals are very good) and there are a lot of specialty items that have a few of the options available to try (I tried Amy's lentil soup, which is quite good and I always include it in my order, but David discovered a lot more varieties at Kroger and recognized the brand name. I still get the lentil from Prime Pantry because of the price, but he gets my favorite, the red beans and rice at the store because that flavor isn't at Prime Pantry. We trade off the extra soup and Pop Tarts. ;)

Hugs, Nani