Monday, April 24, 2017

April Is Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals Month

April 24, 2017

Good morning.  It really is lovely here.  Temps are already in the low 60's and the sun is shining.  There is a slight breeze causing my flag to dance slowly against a backdrop of a blue sky and the new green leaves on the trees. 

I just took Pogo outside for a short walk.  While he was busy sniffing everything, I noticed that my lilac bush is full of buds, and there are new leaves on my rose bushes.  A lot of the plants coming up will not get to bloom because the tops of all their stems were frozen during the constant mix of cold and warm temps these past couple of months.

Aha!  But a few plants are blossoming.  Several days ago a couple of jonquils blossomed, and today two orange tulips opened up.  So all is not lost.  I guess this is the trade off we make when we wish for warm temps during the winter months.  Here is one of the white hyacinths showing off it's new blossoms.


Folks, this is Prevention of Cruelty To Animals month.  Please do your part and report any cruelty or abuse to animals that you may see or know of to the proper authorities.  Our animals do so much for us, and ask for so little in return.  No one has the right to hurt them.  Also, if you are looking for a new companion, please visit your local shelters.  Adopt, adopt, adopt, don't buy.

Remember those cute little solar figurines that wave when the sunshine hits them?  Well, I seem to be acquiring a rather nice collection of them.  A few days ago, Kevin and Janicee came by with a few more of them to add to my collection.  I keep them on the railing on my porch.  Here's a photo that I took through the screen door.

 
I doubt if I'll be planting any new seeds this year.  It is a little late to be starting them.  I haven't even planted my new Chia plant yet.  Hmmm, maybe I'll do that this week.  It looks like the nights won't be dropping below 40 degrees now so I can keep my plants out on the porch. 

Saturday night, I ripped out about nine rows of wrong stitches from the blue afghan.  Yesterday and last night, I put them all back on, plus a few more rows.  This doesn't put me in the mood to make another afghan any time soon.

Yesterday I went out and started my car.  Today I'll also go out and start it.  I'm hoping to be driving it really soon.  Maybe one day this week?  That would really be nice.  I need to get back to doing my own shopping and errands.  And, Pogo would love to go for a ride in the car.  It's been such a long time since his last car ride.

My friend Beth just lost her brother to cancer.  Your prayers will be much appreciated while Beth and her family grieve their loss.  Folks, hug your family and friends and let them know you love them.  Tomorrow is not guaranteed.  It's a gift.

Well, that's about all my news for today.  So, on that note I'll take my leave.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

It would be wonderful if you soon could take a drive in your car again. And perhaps you don;t need to change your battery yet?
Oh, those little solar figurines look cute on your porch! And sweet of Kevin and Janice to bring you some more.
May be it is a bit too late for seeds now. But you still can plant bulbs, which will flower in summer and autumn!
In my next post I will put a photo of my azalea's. Specially the smaller one has a gorgeous color.
Have a lovely time
Hug
Kyra