Friday, November 18, 2016

The Eyes Have It!!

November 18, 2016

Good morning.  Well, the sun is shining, and it's 53F degrees.  It will probably warm up to about 57 degrees by early afternoon.  Actually, it's quite a nice Autumn day. 

Well, this week's doctor appointments have turned out fairly good.  The eye doctor says my eyesight is excellent.  20/20.  So, hopefully in the next few days, I'll get me a new pair of glasses.  I wear bi-focals (for reading) with transitional lenses to protect my eyes from lights.  I could get away with wearing reading glasses from the drug store, but they wouldn't keep the light from my eyes.

My regular doctor checked my blood pressure and said it is back to normal.  It was running quite high from when I fell over the weekend, but that's to be expected.  He also gave me enough Advair to help me make it to January.  Thank you, thank you.

Recently, I got a three month supply of my Advair.  My co-pay was quite high (almost $700), and I only got to use one of the inhalers.  It seems that I had set the bag with the other two inhalers on my counter.  At some point, it must have been moved and has never been found since.  I have turned everything upside down but have not found it.  I could chalk this up to my own stupidity, but it wouldn't matter if I couldn't breath.  Unfortunately, the insurance does not allow another refill until the three months is up.

I went into my archives again, looking for a photo to share.  This one is how the sky looked in the morning shortly after day break.  I was at work when I took this photo on November 11, 2012 at 7:28 am.  The sky was just so beautiful that morning.  It looked like a watercolor painting.


I also found another favorite photo of mine.  This next photo is my little Pogo, five months after he came to live with me. (November 30, 2012)  I was at work, and of course, he was with me.  How can anyone not love this little guy?  All three pounds of him!!  I've fattened him up a bit since then.  Now he weighs five pounds. 


Aside from going to pick up a couple groceries, I'm staying in all day with my little guy.  Joe is going shopping later with one of the dwarfs and will pick up some spring water for me.  My arm is a bit sore today, so I won't be doing much of anything else. 

Well that's my news for this morning.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

I am so relieved to hear that your doctor gave you enough of your medication to last you until your next refill. That is a huge copay that you have to pay. This is really a terrible thing with insurances and pharmacy's and the medical in our country. Look at how much medicine that other countries are getting from us for free!
Congratulations on your eye exam and glasses! I do not care for my glasses as they are not a well fit. I have never dealt with a vision place as this one. I was told that the frames that I picked out would be adjusted at my fitting as I questioned that they were a bit big. Then when I went for my fitting they said that they didn't adjust the frames and used the frames that I had chosen. Well I have never had to do that before so my glasses do not fit properly and I am constantly pushing them up to stay on my face.

I was listening to some things being said of our newly elected President and he seems to be explaining things much better or it seems to me that I can understand better. I like the fact that he is going to help give the deductions to families that stay home and raise their children like I did. 19 years I raised my kids. But have been penalized for not being able to pay much into the system. I really hope that he is the bridge that brings our country together. I don't know his plans for insurance company's and medication but I hope that he attacks that with Gusto so people can get their medications.

What a beautiful photo that you have in your archives and oh Pogo is just so handsome and that face is just so adorable. I do love the little guy as much as my Cisco.

Have an awesome day my friend... Love to you and Pogo from Cisco and I...

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Chilly Afternoon....yes, we have finally found fall I think. It was 82 yesterday and started at 72 this morning, but has steadily fallen during the day I think it is about 48 out there now heading to the mid 30's tonight. The wind is making all the leaves rain down and dance down the driveway, the fur babies outside are chasing them and the ones inside are watching...LOL!
So sorry to hear about your fall, sorry you broke the elbow too, yes the bruising really begins to show in a couple of days, since you hold the arm down...the blood will automatically pool in the hand area (or that is what my doctor told me when I fell a couple years back on my "new" knee and my ankle/foot turned almost black) it will flow to the lowest point. Hoping it doesn't pain you too awful much now, but when it does...it is healing! May it speed up the healing so you will be in good health again as it seems the rest of your appointments went well!
Such beautiful photos of the red maple and of course, that handsome man in your life...Pogo is simply the handsomest of all!
Y'all have a fabulous weekend, I intend to...chat more with you a little while later! hugs, Mat

smiekeltje said...

Aweful nice of your doctor to give you at least one medication that will last till you get your new refill.
It is getting worse here too with health insurance and medications and all that
we just heard about the new premie we will have to pay each month for the basic health insurance(we all have to have one) and the monthly pay will go up average 10 euro pp. May not look much but over a year it counts. Then we have our obligated own risc to pay of 385 euro pp. People like me and Jan we always spend all of it for our medication already. No, it isn;t fun and will only get worse, I guess.
Oh well, we;ll see how we will cope next year.
Glad your eye exam was well.
Pogo looks ever so sweet on that photo. Oh he certainly fattened up a bit since he lives with you.
Time now to wake up Jan, have a coffee and then hang out the laundry that is turning now in the washing machine.
We have a bad day here, weather-wise. Very hard wind, may get to real storm later today,(about 110 km phour), and it is raining too at times. So good day to stay inside!
Have a lovely day, take care.
Hug
Kyra