Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Learning New Ways To Do Things

November 15, 2016

Good morning.  Tis 48F degrees and cloudy right now.  By this evening, temps will be up to the mid 50's.  Overnight temps are supposed to stay in the 40's.  However, it's supposed to be wet all day.  Well, that's okay.  We can certainly use the rain. 

I want to thank everyone for their good wishes.  I'm doing okay, just a bit slower.  I have figured out how to cut Pogo's meat without putting any pressure on my left arm.  I just press the plate against the microwave so it won't move about, keep a finger from my left hand on the meat and cut with the right hand.  My folks always told me that where there's a will there's a way.  Most of the time, that works out to be true.

Last evening I managed to put a few rows on the turquoise afghan.  I only have ten more rows to go but I ran out of yarn.  Imagine!  Scumpty nine hundred skeins of yarn in my yarn totes (well it seems that way!) and I run out of the color I am using!!  Well, I'll have to pick up another skein of the yarn so that I can finish the afghan this week. 

In between things, I've been working on the Flamingo afghan.  Oooh my, is it ever pretty!!  I'm hoping to finish this afghan before the holidays too.  When it is finished, I think I'll work on some more lapghans.  They work up much quicker.

Today I have to get a batch of bills out in the mail.  Other than that, I'm not sure what I'll be up to.  My arm gets sore really easy, so I won't be doing a lot of anything.  I do have a TV program that I've been recording and need to put on disc, so maybe I'll do that. 

I have an image to share with you.  This one is from one of the calendars that I get in the mail.  I just think that the fox is simply gorgeous.  Don't you agree?


Well, that's my news for today.  It's time for me to get these bills out in the mailbox before the mailman gets here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

I am so glad that your able to make sure our Pogo gets his breakfast and dinner. I know if anyone could overcome obstacles it is you! Very good Edna that you are able to carry on. Even crocheting with your broken elbow. I can't believe that you ran out of yarn. I can't wait to see the flamingo when it is finished. I know it will be just gorgeous.

How is the porch coming along? I hope that it gets closed in before it gets bad weather. I am glad that we are getting a little less rain right now. We have had quiet a bit last week and it is super gorgeous outside this morning. I was looking at my plants and I have to pick up some potting mix and soil and a bigger pot. My baby has 3 more new shoots and leaves are already sprouting off of the big vines. I just cannot believe the difference in the sunlight here from our old apartment. We still are on the shady side but that morning light has made a big difference. I put the plants back outside on Sunday as temps warmed up a little.

I am coloring. I am going slow with it but getting there. I have to stop when my hand cramps up or starts shaking. Not a big deal. I will enjoy when I can even if it is just a little every day. It is so relaxing.

Cisco is still sleeping. He had a restless night last night. We were both up very late but we managed to finally get some sleep. He is curled up in my pink fluffy robe. I had to get another one from my closet this morning because I didn't want to disturb my boy when I went out with my coffee on the patio. Give Pogo hugs and cuddles from us. Call me when your feeling up to it... Much love to you and Pogo... xoxoxxoxoxo Beth and Cisco

The Queen Jester said...

I know you'd find a way to feed Pogo even if you had to cut it with your feet. I'm amazed you can crochet with the break, but perhaps with the sling it removes the pressure and is ok.
The fox is gorgeous, they are such majestic creatures.