Friday, October 21, 2016

I'm A Regular Demon With A Fly Swatter!

October 21, 2016

Good morning.  It's another gorgeous Autumn day here in my little part of New England.  I must say though, that my yard is beginning to be overrun with fallen leaves.  I guess it's time to get out the "blower/vacuum" machine, and start bagging some of them. 

According to the weather report, today will probably be our last warm day and night for a while.  So you know Pogo and I will be spending some time out on the porch enjoying this gorgeous day.  Actually, we spent quite a bit of time out there yesterday too.  It was wonderful.

Yesterday brought lots of good news.  Kevin went on a job interview, and was hired.  They were very excited to have him, and he'll be getting a call really soon to start work.  After his interview, Kevin came by and took me grocery shopping.  It went very well.  He did the reaching and heavy lifting (cases of water), and when we got home he carried everything in for me.  After I had put everything away, I still had plenty of breath left.  So, thank you, thank you Kevin!!

A few hours later, daughter Deanne called to tell me Jazzy's wonderful news.  Her MCAS grades came, and she excelled in everything!!!  Wow, congratulations Jazzy!  Here's a photo of her grade paper.



Okay, I know.  I'm crowing again.  But gosh, it's so easy to crow with these two awesome kids.  My cup of blessings runneth over.

I brought the box with the greenhouse up onto the porch yesterday and started putting it together.  It wasn't really difficult, but I stopped halfway through because it was looking too tall to put where I had in mind.  I got out my measuring tape, and yup!  It's going to be too big to put either in the pantry or the kitchen. 

Hmmm, now I'll have to come up with a Plan B for all our indoor plants.  I guess I'll take the greenhouse apart and put it away till next March.  Meanwhile, I'll have to look for a smaller shelf for all the plants. 

I found a really interesting cartoon on the web.  (author unknown)  I do not like bugs, spiders or any other crawly things.  As long as they are somewhere else, I'm fine.  However, I do not wish to share my living space with them. 


Hmmm, now this gives another meaning to squishing a bug or spider when I see them.  Actually, I try to get someone else to do the squishing.  I don't even like to do that!  I never really gave a thought to all the little kiddie bugs that would now be orphans.  Gosh, what happens to them? 

As guilty as this may make me feel, I'm still going to zap every fly that comes into my house.  Fair warning to all baby flies:  if you want to live, fly out of here as soon as you can!  Once I pick up that fly swatter, I'm a raving demon until I smack my quarry!

Well, the morning is quickly passing, and I need to get dressed so that Pogo and I can sit out on the porch.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

LV said...

Your daily activities are so nice. I enjoy what you and family are doing. My life is such a bore, nothing to report.

smiekeltje said...

I am so happy for Kevin, that he got the job.
And Jazzy has to be congratulated too!And there is no harm in being proud of those grandchildren!
We still have rather nice weather, I think we are a bit better off at the coast at the moment.
I am not sure what I will do today. If the weather stays as nice as it looks now, perhaps I should go out for a while. we'll see that later.
You have a wonderful day
Hug
Kyra
P.S. Pity about the greenhouse, but perhaps it will still be useful next spring, perhaps somewhere in the proch to grow some little plants.