Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Debate #1. Did You Watch?

September 27, 2016

Good morning.  Tis gray and wet here this morning.  Not a lot of rain, mind you, but it's wet and that will make the grass and the plants happy.  Temps last night were a little warmer, in the 50's.  So, I did not need to turn on the heat.  Now if we can just keep those temps from going any lower, that would really be nice. 

Last night I worked on my afghan again.  However, it doesn't seem to be liking me too much.  For every two rows I put on, I had to rip one out.  Obviously, I did not get very far.  Here's a photo of the afghan.


My mind is just not focusing.  Or maybe it's the lighting.  I've tried switching over to the new LED bulbs.  No matter what the packaging says, these bulbs are just not as bright as their counterparts.  I put in a 100 watt bulb, and it only seems to show like a 75 watt bulb.  Maybe this is my problem.  I like bright light for when I am crocheting and knitting.  I'm thinking that I might be switching back to the old bulbs. 

Well, did any of you watch the big debate on TV last night?  Did it meet your expectations?  Or did it leave you needing a lot more information?  Well, hopefully those unanswered questions will be addressed in the next two debates. 

Some of my friends and family are rallying for one candidate, and myself and the others are rallying for the other candidate.  I have purposefully kept my political thoughts off my blog.  We all have the right to support and vote for the candidate of our choice.

However, this all brings me to mention about all the voter fraud that goes on around the country.  The news media can dismiss it all they like, but it is happening, and it should be stopped.  Non citizens should not be voting, (it's the law) but they do.  In some counties, there are more votes cast than there are residents living there.  There have been reports about dead people voting.  Really? 

I myself have seen several people in one voting booth all at the same time.  If you can't read and you can't write, should you be voting?  If you need a group of people showing you where to put your "x" s, then I have a problem with this one.  Then, of course, there's the newspaper article from the last election, that stated how the government has already decided who will win the election, and therefore our votes don't count anyway.

The news media is definitely unprofessional.  If they don't like you or what you have to say, they don't print anything positive about you.  TV stations won't carry your ads if you are not the party they are backing.  Tell me, is this really right?  Is this called "professional"?  The media, I thought, is supposed to report "unbiased" news and information.  They should never put their own prejudices in the news.

Is this what so many have fought and given their lives for?  So that the government and the news media can push people around to make them do things their way?  Why can't we play fair?  Why can't the media print only the honest news, for both sides, and let the American people decide for themselves who they want to vote for? 

Okay, nuff said!  May the best person win and may America heal her wounds and grow strong again.

Now I think I'll catch up on some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I watched the debate and thought my candidate did well. Then I read what the different news stations posted on the internet. Some said one candidate won and some said the other. Hmm... Like you I keep my political opinions to myself. No one needs to know who I am supporting. It makes for less conflict that way too.

Your afghan is pretty. I am knitting a blanket with chenille yarn. I need bright light to do it too. My eyes are not what they once were.

Have a good day, Edna! Give Pogo a hug for me.

The Queen Jester said...

I appreciate your stand on keeping political opinions private, things are much better that way. It was very interesting and pretty much what I expected to see.

Anonymous said...

who I vote for is between me and the voting machine although I tend to lean towards the Dems maybe because both parents and grandparents ere Democrats. What was the Tammany Hall motto Vote early and vote often?