Sunday, August 28, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN

August 28, 2016

Good afternoon.  Sleep did not come so easy last night, so I slept in as late as I could this morning.  I had to get up once so that Pogo could go out to the main house and get his turkey treat, but then I crawled right back into bed for a bit more snoozing.  Thank goodness I'm retired and I can do this.

Today is grandson Kevin's birthday.  He is nineteen years old now and quite handsome I must say.  Kevin, I hope all your dreams come true.  Have a wonderful birthday.  I love you.  Here's a collage that his mom (Deanne) made.

 
Yesterday, Pogo and I went out early to do a couple errands, and we got home just as Joe got in from work.  (He had to work most if the morning.)  So we picked up Joe and went to Walmart so that I could get a supply of spring water.  The cases are heavy for me, so Joe carries them.  I'm very lucky to have Joe here to help me.

In the afternoon, I shopped for some new scrap kits, and made another quick page.  Then it was time to play with some of the new beads that I had ordered.  Oh my, some of them are just gorgeous.  Here's just a couple of my favorites.



This sort of hobby gets addictive and can be quite costly.  I have to be very brave and not buy up all these gorgeous goodies.  It's not easy, but I'm hanging in there.  (haha)

Today, Joe dug up one of our butterfly bushes and replanted it near the shed on my side of the house.  Now I just have to get a couple more floral bushes for this side of the house and it will be quite pretty.  I'm thinking that a different colored butterfly bush, another Rose of Sharon and a trumpet vine should do the job.

Now my little guy is looking at me as though he is in need of a food fix.  He is quite subtle with his hints.  He looks at me with very sad eyes, and then looks at the refrigerator.  Then he looks back at me.  If this doesn't work, he sighs and crawls up on his chair and goes to sleep.  Poor baby!!

On that note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

Happy Birthday to Kevin. He is a very Handsome young man and I hope that his day is super fun! Love the collage.

Sometimes our fur babies really need their own language to communicate with us. I love how Pogo looks at you and then at the fridge and back at you and sighs. Not sure about my Cisco. He refused to sleep with me. I have a stack of pillows and blanket on the floor at the end of my bed and he loves it there so I think that he has deserted me. I put him in bed with me several times last night but after a cuddle he got down and went back to his pillows. I find this sad but I want him to just be comfortable. If he continues to sleep on the pillows I might get him a doggie bed.

Love those beads. How pretty. Yesterday while I was surfing online I came across something really cute. For some reason it would not let me share it. This item is like a bracelet but it is much bigger. It fits on your car windshield and has the cutest charm of a doggie or a kitty on it. Lots of sparkles and then the charm dangles down from the center. I might try and have a go with it. Would make cute Christmas presents.

Jon and I looked at an apartment. Totally not impressed at all. It is on the sunny side of the building and only has 2 windows and a patio door so it is pretty dark. The kitchen is alright but the washer and dryer is located in the master bath which I don't want people coming into my room and bathroom to do their laundry. The apartment is just like a big box. The price and location are right, but Jon and I agree that we don't think the apartment is right for us so we are going to keep looking.

Up most of the night with an ear ache. Going to the clinic in a while so I must get ready. Much love to my Pogo and Cisco says Woof to you both. Love, Beth

The Queen Jester said...

He is such a handsome young man. They grow up much too fast, don't they.
I never got into the beading very much...just a bit of dabbling here and there. It is quite expensive when you really get into it, but I can see where the addiction could start...they are all so pretty.

smiekeltje said...

Happy Birthday Kevin! Wish him all the luck in the world for his life.

Our pets have their own way to make something lear to us LOL
Good that you could snooze a bit more before you really had to wake up
And yes,I am glad too that Joe is around to help you with things.
Today is bit rainy like, temperature dropped a bit, but I think the garden is happy with any rain at the moment
Later this week it will be sunny and warmer again
The beads look wonderful, and yes, it can be costly as a hobby I look around inm shops sometimes in the hbby area and cannot believe how much choice there is in beads.
Some more flower bushes would be great, I think. There is enough choice, so it could be a hard job to make a choice.
Have a wonderful day
Hug
Kyra