Monday, August 1, 2016

Ah, What Fun We Had!

August 1, 2016

Good morning.  Today is another lovely day like yesterday.  Temps in the seventies with a little breeze.  Yesterday, however, brought us a tiny bit of wet drizzle.  I would say rain, but it was very light and spotty.  Either way, it was wet and we appreciated it.

Have you noticed that we've already flown through July, and now we have a new month, August.  Time seems to be flying by too quickly.  Here's the August page from my calendar.


Well, yesterday was a great day for daughter Deanne and I.  We went to our Basic NRA Pistol Class, and had a good time.  We learned a lot, including which eye was our predominant one.  This was new to me, and quite interesting.  Later in the class, we all went to the shooting range at a local sportsmen's club. 

Deanne and I were picked to go first, and I have to say we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  We have never handled or fired a handgun before, and we both did very well.  The two guns we used were a 22 and a glock.   I did very well with the 22, and Deanne did very well with the glock.  Here's my target paper from the 22.  I'm still smiling!!!

 
I think I'll call the instructor to see about signing up for more practice shooting for the both of us.  I would like to be able to get all my shots near or on the bull's eye, and I'd like to be a lot better and more comfortable with the glock.  Besides, target shooting is a fun sport.
 
Last evening I found the neatest tee shirt on the web.  Rather appropriate for the day, I thought. haha.
 
 
DIL Janet came over for a while yesterday to keep Pogo company while I was out.  This, of course, made Pogo very happy.  I am so proud of my little guy.  This was an all day class, and he did not have any "accidents." 
 
Let me tell you a bit about how he is doing.  He still itches a lot, but he gets long periods of rest and sleep without any scratching.  And, for the last few days, I've been giving him doggie food for breakfast and at least one snack, and he is eating it!!!!!
 
Yesterday, the big bottle of Aloe Vera Gel (that I ordered for him) arrived, and last night I slathered his whole body with it.  I'm hoping this helps to clear all the marks on his skin, and makes some of the itchies go away.  Plus, it feels really nice on my skin!
 
Today, Pogo and I have to go to Town Hall to pay more taxes ( it seems there are always taxes due) and then we'll probably head on over to Home Depot to buy a yard broom and some exterior paint for the house.  Busy, busy, busy.
 
Well, that's my news for today.  Now I need to get dressed so that we can get started on our errands.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
So proud that Pogo is eating. I know that his skin is dry and itchy as it heals from all the scratching that he has done and the sores. The Aloe will help a lot.

I am very proud of you and Deanne and so glad that you had a great time. Love the T-Shirt! It is perfect for you!

A bit of warning. Some one hacked into my son in law's FB account and is sending strange messages to my family. I haven't seen any unusual activity on my account but that is not saying anything. If you do get something rude or ugly or beyond ugly please know that it did not come from me. Let me know soon as possible so I can change my password. I just changed it not long ago but that doesn't say much either. I don't understand what hackers get out of doing this, but it is something that we all need to be aware of.

Going to get some lunch and maybe work on a few pages. I didn't sleep well last night. I tossed and turned much of the night. I won't try for a nap today so maybe I can rest tonight. Give Pogo many hugs and kisses from me. Love, Beth and Cisco... (Spoiled Dog Alert)... He is stretched out on my bed snoozing. Resting peacefully since his bath... :)

smiekeltje said...

Good news about Pogo It still will take a while til his skin isn;t irritated anymore, but it is on the good track
Oh, you really had some fun at the shooting class, didn;t you and I must say, for someone who didn;t use a handgun ever, you did well.
So nice of Janet to come over to sit with Pogo while you were away.
And he behaved very well.
Had visit from Heidi and family yesterday afternoon we could sit in the garden and had a nice talk Somewhere this or next week I will see if I can get together with Heidi, just just to have a real "girls"talk, you know.
We can talk about anything with eachother and that is a good thing
Everyone needs that once in a while.
Today probably it will stay rainy, not all too high temps, just around 19C,
May be tomorrow also a bit rainy or cloudy but then it will clear up again and temps will rise again to around 22C
Perhaps a good day for some ironing and such, we'll see.
You have a fantastic day, give Pogo a cuddle.
Hug
Kyra