Sunday, July 24, 2016

We're Thankful For The Cool At Night

July 24, 2016

Good morning.  Here in New England it is hot, hot, hot!  I realize other parts of the country are hotter than we are, but to us, this is very hot.  Temps in the 90's every day.  The only saving factor has been the coolness of the last couple of nights. 

We had storm warnings a couple evenings ago.  Rain, damaging winds and hail were forecast as being headed our way, along with thunder and lightning.  Well, the thunder and lightning showed up for a while, along with about 57 extremely misty teeny rain drops.  Make that 59.  A couple of the drops hit the car and split in two.  Then the storm moved further south.

As for sleep, well I've been taking advantage of little naps whenever they happen.  Early yesterday morning, while it was still cool enough to walk and breathe comfortably, Joe and I went to Walmart to do our grocery shopping.  I guess a lot of other folks had the same idea because there were a lot of shoppers there. 

In the afternoon, I managed to do a couple loads of laundry, towels and such.  But that was the extent of my ambition for the day.  I did cook supper for Pogo.  For myself, I nuked a frozen dinner.  I don't have much of an appetite in this heat.

I dug into my archives for a couple photos that might help cool us off for a little bit.  These photos were taken four years ago in December.  What's really amazing is that in December of 2012, there were more roses blooming on the pink rose tree than we've had all of this year.  Go figure.



Pogo and I are staying ahead of the heat as best we can.  Every now and then I put the A/C on for a while to cool the room down, and we have a couple fans moving the air around.  I would love to keep the door open with the window pane up all through the night when it is really cool, but that is not really feasible.  (for safety reasons)

At four thirty this morning, I got up and made breakfast for Pogo and me while it was nice and cool.  In a little while, I'll take a look to see what's for lunch.  Maybe I'll have a bowl of cereal.  Mmmm, that sounds cool and yummy.  I have ice cream and milk.  Maybe I'll make a milkshake.  Oooooh, I'm making my mouth water!  I think I should stop typing right now before I gain a few more pounds.  haha.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
I love the photos. It is so hot here we are all miserable. It is the humidity that gets us. We all just sort of land in a heap and just stay there until the need to move.

We have some kind of virus going on. 5 of 8 of us got it. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am not one of them. Karyn was sick to her stomach for 2 days. She never really got the sick bug like everyone else, just the nausea and took something for that and went on her merry way. Well not to merry. After all we did have 3 kids kept us on our toes at one point she had to get out of bed at 10:30 one night and go to an all night Walmart so she could get something for the baby as he was so sick and we went thru all of the diaper pull-ups that we had and something for the babies rash on his bottom.
Laurie was potty training and he did really well here with that until he got sick and we had no choice but to get some pull ups for him. He was a lot better yesterday evening.

Cisco and Foxy are so glad to have a quiet house again. Poor Foxy took it the worse. She would see a kid coming and would go hide. Cisco liked all of the attention but finally he got tired of it too. So we put the dogs in my room and locked the door so they could have a little peace and quiet.

I don't really know what I am going to do today. Make some pages perhaps for some challenges. Maybe watch something on tv. Just kind of get back into my routine today. I do have a few chores that have to be done.

Ok I will get off here. Y'all stay cool as possible. Love to both you and Pogo... Beth

smiekeltje said...

Glad some collness is there during the night. That rain and hail didnt come really your way, hmmm? Not that we are waiting for real hailstorms and overwatering of rain, but a bit of wetness would have been nice.
Here too, we didn't have any rain , perhaps a few drops will fall today, but I am not sure.
On the ther hand, we were longing for summer, so here it is LOL.
This week will be a bit less warm, something around 22-24, which is nice.
Now in two weeks we will have a new central heating kettle. Boy, will I be glad when that is done. The old one is really used up, is leaking and from yesterday started to make some weird sounds when i turn on the warm water.
Hmmm, hope the kettle will hold on for 2 weeks more, cross fingers.
No idea, what I will do today, but something will come up, I guess.
Have a wonderful day,
Hug
Kyra