Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Chocolate And Sage Are Good For You

July 20, 2016

Good morning.  Oh my, I asked for a nice cool night and that's exactly what I got last night.  It was the perfect night for sleeping.  Alas, I did not sleep very well.  My breathing has not been so good, and I seem to be using the oxygen more often.

Today is supposed to be in the mid to upper 80's, and then for the next six days we are looking at temps in the 90's.  Oh joy!  To make matters worse, several storms have come close by but they have all missed us.  We really need some rain.  Not a flood, mind you.  But our water levels are going down. 

Yesterday, Kevin, Pogo and I went to visit Aunt Lucy.  She is such a fun person, and we all had a great time.  Aunt Lucy just loves Kevin.  Especially when she learned that he would like be to a state trooper one day after college and the military.  One of her sons was a state trooper, so this really made her smile. 

A couple days ago, I got a lovely surprise in my email.  My friend Beth made this beautiful scrap page of Pogo enjoying an afternoon on the porch.  Beth, thank you so much.  I love it.


Have you ever had a moment where you forgot how to spell a word, or even worse, forgot the word you want to use?  One way around this problem, is to change your whole sentence to use other words. 



According to my book "The Ultimate Women's Guide to Beating Disease", I need to eat more chocolate.  Chocolate helps you feel sharper, more relaxed and just plain happier.  Also, I need to pick up some sage oil.  One hour after people took a supplement of sage oil, they  had better memory, more focused attention, and more alertness.  Even just sniffing sage helps to give you a better memory.  (Book written and published by Bottom Line Health 2016)

This afternoon, Pogo has a doctor appointment to update his rabies shot and find out why he is so itchy lately.  Hopefully, his doctor can give us something to alleviate the itch.

Now I'm going to see if I can squeeze in a little nap before it's time for us to leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Happy for you that the night was a bit cooler, but pity you still couldnt sleep too well.
But the visit to Aunt Lucy was nice and of course she loved Kevin.
He is a great young man.
So sorry for pogo, that he still has that itch, must be very annoying for him. Hopefully the doctor can find out from where it comes and has a cure for it.
Take care and nap as much as you can in between events and appointments LOL.
Hug
Kyra

Unknown said...

Hi Edna and Little Pogo,

I can agree that we need some rain. We have had some rain around us but it has missed us. Things are so dry here but hopefully we will get some rain next week. I won't hold my breath but I will hope.
The nights have been in the mid 70's here for us but with the humidity levels it still feels around 90 degrees at night. I am glad you had a cool night but wish you could have slept.

I am so glad that you and Kevin had a great visit with your Aunt Lucy. I am having a great time with my grandkids. Laurie and the kids are spending the entire week with us. I suppose they will go home tomorrow night. Today is picture day. I am going to try my best to get some good pictures of the kids.

You have a good day and I will try and call you over the weekend if possible. I have lots to tell you... Hugs and Kisses to Pogo and to you too. Cisco says Woof and sends licks to the both of you. Beth
P.S. I am glad that you enjoyed the page of Cisco loving his new porch!