Sunday, July 3, 2016

A Busy Weekend

July 3, 2016

Good morning.  Tis a wee bit early, not even six a.m. yet.  But because I had me a nice nap yesterday afternoon, I lost a little sleep this morning.  No biggie.  I was up super early Friday morning, and I stayed up very late that night so that I could wish my daughter  a Happy Birthday at 12:01 a.m. 

Kevin and Jasmine had gone to a movie that started at midnight, so Mom (Deanne) was waiting up for them to come in.  Why did they pick such a late movie?  Because Kevin doesn't get out of work until 11 p.m. 

Friday was a wicked busy day here.  Between the contractors, Pogo's salon appointment, grocery shopping and a few other errands that had to be done, there was not much time for rest.  Here's a photo of the guys starting work on my new porch.

 
Joe came home early from work, and sat in our big chair under the trees and watched the guys as they worked.  My brother built this chair years ago for a Haunted House display, and it's a favorite place for the guys to sit out and relax.


Yesterday, while Joe cleaned up a lot of the pine needles and birdseed shells, Pogo sat on the new porch and watched.  I do believe my little guy loves this new porch (and it's not even done yet).  Doesn't he look ever so handsome after his trip to the beauty salon?



The view from the porch will be awesome.  By late morning, this is what it looks like when you look up into the trees.  Simply gorgeous!


Today I may take a ride to The Christmas Tree Store to see what they have for porch furniture.  I'm looking for a plant stand, a couple of ceiling hooks to hang plants from, a small table and maybe a couple of chairs.  I am so looking forward to this shopping trip.

Aunt Lucy has had company this past week, so maybe I'll call to see if her company has gone yet.  If they have, maybe she would like to go shopping too.  We'll see.  Now I think I'll see what I can rustle up for breakfast.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

First HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEANNE!(belated).
O gosh, the last two days there is a lot going on! Very exciting to see the works on the new proch and I am so looking forward to see it finished and how it will look then!
Sounds fun to go shopping for stuff for the new porch.
Hope Aunt Lucy isn;t having too much trouble of her bruises of the accident?
Pogo looks ever so handsome with the new haircut!
I wasn;t feeling too well the last few days, today think it is a little bit better. Perhaps it would be good to see the doctor, but I hate to go there, specially when I have kind of vague complaints(that make you feel miserable), nt really can pinpoint it. But may be a total checkup of blood, perhaps some photos wouldn't be a bad thing to do? I'll see how it is tomorrow, and if i am still the same I will call the doctor.
Well, I will make a little post on my blog, it is about time again.
Have a wonderful day and I hope the porch work will go smooth and quick!
Hug
Kyra

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Deanne!

Hi Edna,
Well that porch will be finished in no time! Yippee! It is going to be great to have some time to sit outside and enjoy. I can't wait for you. Have a super time shopping! What a thrill that will be.
Of course Mr. Pogo looks very handsome. He did before, but now he is really dapper showing off his new cut! He is such a handsome little guy.
Yesterday was super lazy for me. Karyn and Foxy went back home for the weekend and Cisco and I had a terrific time just enjoying our room. Today is cleaning day and Cisco does not like that!
I need to go and update my blog. I will probably do that later on this morning as my coffee wakes up these sleepy eyes. I went to bed at 6:00 pm last night and woke up at 2 to go to the bathroom and then went back to bed around 4 and slept until a little after 10:00 am this morning. I had a couple of phone calls but never heard the phone at all.
You have lots of fun shopping today and I hope that your Aunt Lucy will feel up to going and getting out! Hugs! Beth

Debby said...

How nice you are getting a new porch. Pogo looks very handsome. Happy Fourth

LV said...

Seems your husband really enjoys the old chair. They do sit good, but get a little hard if sit too log. You have a lot going on at your place, but you manage to get it all done. Your Pogo is adorable all groomed and dressed up.

Edna B said...

To LV: Joe is not my husband. He's a tenant (one of the dwarfs). You have a wonderful Fourth of July. Hugs, Edna B.

The Queen Jester said...

I envy your new porch. Eventually we want to sell the motorhome and put a fifth wheel on this site and pay for it on a seasonal basis. Then I'd love to add a screened porch on a deck to be able to really enjoy the outdoors but without the bugs. It would be a nice safe place for the cats to hang out as well. It's all about the cats.