Friday, June 3, 2016

We Had A Fun Day Yesterday

June 3, 2016

Good morning.  Tis rather cloudy today, but temps are expected to reach the low 70's by late morning.  We may even get a few showers.  The gardens will love this. 

Well let me tell you, Pogo and I did it!!!  We got the GPS working, and found our way to our rendezvous with Aunt Lucy yesterday.  Are we proud?  You betcha!!   However, now that I've sort of figured out this contraption, I'm sure there's a brand new updated one right around the corner and I'll have to learn it all over again.

The shopping trip was quite a success.  Aunt Lucy was able to find some things that she's been needing at a Michael's store, and I bought some new yarn.  I'm not sure what I'll make with it but the colors were irresistible.   This first one is called "Fiesta" and the second one is "Stonewashed".



Next we went to a Dollar Store.  Aunt Lucy had never been in one and she had a grand time.  We both found a few things that we needed, especially me.  I bought myself a whole bag full of "word find" puzzle books, and a few of the large print puzzle books for Aunt Lucy.  Pogo met a whole lot of new people, and we all had a grand time. 

Because Pogo can't go into a restaurant, our next stop was at the McDonald's for some take out.  We parked close by some rather pretty bushes and flowers and enjoyed our lunch.  I gave Aunt Lucy one of my robin prints that I had done on canvas.  She's a bird watcher, and she loved the photo. 

Finally, it was time to head for home.  We had a really fun day, and we'll have to do this again soon.  Shopping is such fun when someone is enjoying it with you.

Today I have some photos that I took a couple days ago in my garden.  A few years ago, we planted some pink, orange and light blue iris bulbs, and only the light blue one grew and blossomed.  Well guess what??  There is a tall iris plant with huge orange buds on it that will be blossoming soon.  I can't wait to see it when the flower opens. 


These are two more of the iris blossoms.  They're huge and they are gorgeous!



And, here's a view of some of the peonies and roses.  They also have lots of buds that will open really soon.  I think those are Sweet Williams in the background.  My backyard is full of them.


Well, that's my news for this morning.  I have a sink full of dishes to wash now, and then I think I'll crochet a bit while I watch "Let's Make A Deal."   So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

I love the yarn. How gorgeous they both are. I really love the stone washed yarn. I am sure that what ever you make will be just gorgeous. The Fiesta is so vibrant! How can you be sad when your wrapped in those colors?

What a wonderful day with your Aunt Lucy. I love dollar stores. We have several here that I enjoy. We have a Hobby Lobby close to us. Not sure if we have a Michael's anymore.

I am in love with your flowers. I can't wait to see the iris that will bloom. I am sure that your gardens will love the rainfall.
We are under a flash flood watch until 7:00 pm tonight. It has been extended. Even tho the skies are blue, that means nothing and the run off from all of the rain that we have had has really taken it's toll. But I read last night that El Nino is breaking up finally and we are set to have El Nina for the fall which will mean a hot summer for us with above average temps and dryer conditions.

Going over to my blog to rant. I need an outlet so that is the best place to do it... Hugs.... Cisco and Beth

smiekeltje said...

Congratulations you managed to use the GPS, ROFL!
Ever so nice you and Aunt Lucy had such a good time together.
Lovely yarn, and you will find something you can make with it.
Your irisses are gorgeous!
we are having better weather although it still is rather cloudy. I pity all the people who have such trouble with all the floodings. Specially in France, Belgium, Germany and part or south and SE of the netherlands are having trouble with lots of water.
It's time all that will stop and gets some good weeather so all can dry and be repaired.

I have such fun watching the birs that have a feast at the birdfeeders.
Some of them aloow me to get rather close to them,

You have a lovely day.
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

What fun yarn! I love the stonewashed one as those are the colors in our RV. Since the only knitting I do are the dishrags using Sugar & Cream yarn, the colors are much more limited. I may have to branch out and try something larger one of these days.