Sunday, June 5, 2016

Just Call Me Gimpy

June 5, 2016

Good morning.  Today will be cloudy with rain, and temps in the 60's.  It's a great day to stay indoors and do crafts.  Maybe.  The floor lamp beside my lounge chair just died.  I thought maybe it was just the bulb that blew, but it's the whole electrical set up.  Groan, groan, just what I need today.

I'm quite cranky just now, and I  really don't need any more reasons to get crankier.  A few days ago, my foot started to swell up, and it is quite painful.  It's very difficult to walk when every step brings on more pain.  So, I've been spending a lot of time in my chair.  But, I really do need that lamp.

Tomorrow I will call my orthopedic doctor to see if I can get an appointment.  Hopefully, it's nothing and will get better real soon.  At least that's what I keep telling myself.  I don't like going to doctors when I don't know the cause of the problem.  I'm a  real wuss.  I don't like them prodding and poking, and I don't want to hear stuff that's not fun. 

Oh yeah, I'm one of those folks who puts her head in the sand so that things will seem better.  But now I've had enough pain, and I'll definitely call my doctor tomorrow. 

Yesterday, I was so happy and excited.  Those big beautiful orange iris buds opened, and oh my!  Folks they are sooooo gorgeous!  I grabbed my camera and hobbled out to the yard to take some photos.   Have a lookee!  (today, more of the buds have opened up)



Here are some of the other blossoms, and there are more coming. 



This purple iris is beautiful, even though it is not as tall and large as the other plants.


And this huge almost black bud is going to open really soon now.  As of late yesterday afternoon, it had not opened.  I can't wait to see what it looks like once it opens.


I took a few more photos, but I'll save them for another post.  One bulb that we planted has still not come up, but maybe there is still hope.  It was a gorgeous pink iris.  I guess I'll have to pick up a few more bulbs to plant in the Fall.

Well that's my news for this morning.  My foot is screaming at me.  It wants to be up off the floor, so I guess I'll be going back to my chair now.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Gosh, Edna, I am so sorry to hear about your foot that is causing you big problems. Yes, may be it will get better just by resting, but I think it would be a good idea to see a doctor. I know about sticking the head into the sand, I am kind of the same often.
But as you say, sometimes you just cannot ignore your body and then a doctor is needed.
shame your floorlamp died just now, at a moment you are in no position to go out looking for another one.
Hope you still have another lamp that will do he job more or less till you have a new floor one?
Your irisses are just gorgeaous. I am very curious about the last ne that dark one.
Take it easy today, hopefully the pain in your foot gets less, but give it lots of rest at the least. Could a little warm footbath do any good?
Have a good day
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I'm sorry to hear of your pain in the foot. I'm like you for being in denial and avoiding doctors. My right shoulder is sore and I know it's from overdoing pickleball and is probably a pinched nerve. Am I doing anything about...much less (gasp) avoiding the sport that is causing the pain? No. So I take another Aleve and hope it just magically goes away. I'll stick my head in the same sand pile as yours.
All kidding aside - get it checked out and healed up. Cause, as you already know, if your feet aint' happy, ain't nothing going to be happy.