Friday, June 24, 2016

Gosh, If Only All Summer Could Be Like Today

June 24, 2016

Good morning.  Tis another gorgeous day here in my little part of New England.  The sun is shining, there's a gorgeous breeze and the temperature is in the low 70's at the moment.  By noon, it should get up to around 80F degrees.  It just doesn't get much better than that. 

I finally caught up with Aunt Lucy yesterday afternoon by phone.  Unfortunately, the news was not so good.  Earlier in the day, she had been out doing errands and was in a nasty car accident.  It seems some fellow cut her off when she was making a right hand turn. 

She insisted that she was okay though, except for some bruises.  Oh gosh, she's going to be very sore for the next few days.  Aunt Lucy said that one of her sons was going to take her to the car today to get her belongings out of it.  (The car was totaled).   He said that he would take her car shopping soon.   If she is feeling up to it, Pogo and I will go pick her up Sunday and  take her out for a while.

I got a call back from the contractor, and they are going to start working on my porch the first week in July.  At least that's what the man said on the phone.  I think he was going to give me a later start date, but I reminded him that his contract says that all work will be finished by the end of that week.  So now I just wait.

I have a lovely photo to share today.  This is grandson Kevin's sweetie, Janicee, holding great grandbaby Aurora.   Just look at those beautiful smiles!  Have I mentioned lately how blessed I am?


I was looking at some sales flyers a couple weeks ago, and it occurred to me that clothing designers have two different standards for designing men's and women's clothes.  For example, take a look at videos of any big event and notice how everyone is dressed.  The women are dressed provocatively, with see through or skimpy outfits, and the men are covered entirely with non-see through clothing.

Even in bathing suits, the men's suits seem to afford more coverage.  I pasted these two ads together to show the difference.  You could probably make three or four women's bathing suits from just one pair of men's bathing trunks.  I know it's no big deal, just thought I would mention it.


Today I need to call the dealer where I bought my car, and change the appointment for my car's check up and new safety sticker.  My appointment is currently for the same day that the contractors are supposed to start working on my porch.  I was going to take Pogo to the beauty salon that same day, but I've changed his appointment to next Friday.

This weekend I will have to dig the petunias out of the kiln planter and re-pot them.  The kiln is going to be moved to make way for the porch, and I don't want the petunias to be harmed during the move.  I've already bought some new pots for the plants.  The lilac bush needs to be moved too, but the contractor said that his crew would move it for me.  Hmmm, carefully, I hope.

Now I need to get busy and start working on my shopping list.  I promised to take Joe grocery shopping later today.  I guess we'll go to Walmart because we need to pick up a new spray nozzle for the hose.   Before I take my leave, let me share a photo that I took this morning of my pink Knock Out roses.


That's my news for this morning.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.











4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

What a beautiful young lady and the baby just seems to be bursting at the seams with smiles.

LV said...

You definitely seem to never have a dull moment at your house. That little one is so precious.

smiekeltje said...

Oh, good news that your porch will be made real soon now!
Cross fingers all will go smoothly and quick and then in a couple of weeks you will be able to sit there!
That's a lovely photo of Janice and Aurora and yes, you've mentioned it lately that you are blessed, what you can repeat it as much as you wish.
Golly, that accident of Aunt Lucy isn;t what we were waiting for. Still glad to hear she isn;t too badly injured. But yes, certainly she will feel all the bruises for some time, poor soul.

We had a lovely day yesterday, actually. it was nice weather and today looks to be more or less the same so happy, there will not be more rain(and if so, it will be just a little).
In the south of The Netherlands two days ago there was a storm, with terrible hard rains and also hailstorms, with stones like tennisballs!
Unbelievable nobody got hurt, but the damage is devastating! Not one roof in the area is without damage and some farmers who own glass tunnels(for vegetables or flowers) have seen all ruined because of the hail.
This year all over the world the weather is acting weird.

Well, going to try to start another scrapbook kit and then later today and in the evening there are soccer matches to watch again from the European Championship.
Have a lovely weekend, my dear.
Hug
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning you two! Glad things are progressing to get your porch add on before summer is over! It is definitely too warm here to sit on the porch or even be outside for this old gal! I just cannot tolerate heat like I could in my younger days! Take goodness I have air conditioning!
I finally went to see my physician about my hands...yes, the carpal tunnel problems should be fixed with more surgery to my hands, but will not help with the arthritis and tendonitis in the right thumb...the ulna nerve in the left arm will continue to cause problems unless I have surgery to release it...(not now, no surgery unless I have no choice otherwise) so it means I may not be able to be on my computer as much as I would love to. I need to rest it more often than I do when I sit down at it....LOL!
Lovely photos you have shared of your plants and of course the baby photos are adorable.
Well, off here for now, just stopped in to say thanks for the e-mails and for dropping in on my blog. Y'all have a fantastic weekend! Hugs, Mat