Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Getting A Really Late Start Today

June 21, 2016

Good morning (for six more minutes).  It wasn't a very good night for sleeping.  The pain is going away, but the air just isn't great for breathing.  Seems like I was up and down all night long.  Around 8:30 this morning, I finally dozed off for a while.  God bless Pogo for putting up with this. 

During the night, there was a lot of thunder and lightning, followed by rain.  However, by daybreak, most of the rain had subsided.  Now the sun is shining, and there's a lovely breeze. 

Yesterday was rather quiet.  The only thing I accomplished was ordering a new Blog Book.  I must have posted a lot of photos because this book will only cover the first four months of the year.  This will be my nineteenth blog book. 

There are a lot of Japanese Iris plants coming up in the garden this year.  They are budding now, and hopefully they will blossom soon.  I went into my archives for a couple photos of these iris.  These photos were taken shortly after some rain.  The first is a new bud, and the second shows how gorgeous it is when it finally blooms.



It's well past noon now, and I want to phone Pogo's beauty salon and make an appointment for him.  His hair is getting rather long, and it gets harder to brush out the hair on his chest without hurting him.  Because he has no jaw or teeth, he tends to drool on his chest a lot when he is resting.  Besides, he'll be more comfortable without all that thick hair during these warm days.

So, on that note, I'll take my leave.  Till tomorrow folks, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Edna,
How lovely your Japanese Iris is. I just love the colors. I am sorry that you had a restless night. I wish for some thunder and rain even tho I know that Cisco will not like it. His little jacket does help tho if I can get it on him before the storm hits. If not it is a hit and miss.

I am tired tonight but in a good way. I cleaned and did some shopping tonight. Karyn and Joe came over and Joe and I sat outside at the picnic table and talked to an interesting young man with 2 great looking dogs. Karyn and I cuddled up for a bit and I rubbed her hair as she was still having a headache off and on. Finally she decided she was ready to go home and to bed.
I am heading that way now. I just wanted to stop by. I am glad that your pain is better. I am glad that you got your blog book done. Amazing how many photos that we actually put on our blogs isn't it. Get some rest and before I forget, I just adore your little Massage Giraffe. He is adorable.

Much love from Cisco and I...... Give Pogo kisses from us too. Beth

smiekeltje said...

Good you finally had a little bit of sleep after that horrible night! You feel extra tired after such a night, even if you had finally a few hours of sleep. I know how it feels.
Hopefully this night you will have a better one!
yesterday took off rather nice with some sunshine even, so i went grocerie shopping quickly.
That finished, I thought a quick visit to town centre could be nice, Jan also wanted to go there, to find some transparant paint and we went together to that shop(kind of 1,5 and 10 dollar shop, great fun).
After that we split up and later in the afternoon it started to rain again.
Oh well, as long as I was in the shops it didn;t matter LOL.
Today looks to be lovely weather, with lots of sun and higher temperatures.
May be in the evening some thunder and lightning and such messy stuff.
We'll see what happens.
You have a quiet day, perhaps in the afernoon you could take a little nap?
Hugs
Kyra