Monday, June 27, 2016

A Fun Shopping Trip

June 27, 2016

Good morning.  Tis gorgeous outside, and there's a splendid breeze.  We'll be needing that breeze because it will be hot again today.  Of course, it is summer, so I can't really complain much about temps in the 80's.

Well folks, the big girl panties seemed to fit yesterday, but Aunt Lucy's son dropped by to spend most of the day with her so we did not get to go shopping.  However, DIL Janet called to see if Pogo and I would like to go shopping for plants with her.  Of course we said Yes!

Big mistake!!  It's tough walking through a plant department and leave with nothing more than you came in with.  So we each left with full shopping carts.  Now I have to find places to plant all these beautiful new plants.  I took photos with my phone, and sent them to my laptop via email but they haven't arrived yet. 

While I'm sitting here typing, I realized that one of my new plants was missing.  So I went outside and looked in the trunk of the car.  Oh my gosh, there was my missing plant tipped over on it's side.  Poor little thing!  I took it out and brought it over to sit with the other plants.  Except for losing a couple of blossoms, the plant was okay.

I went into my photo archives and pulled out these photos to share today.  They were both taken in late June 2012 while I was at work.  I have to say that this is the part of work I miss the most.  There was so much there to photograph.



I just saw a delivery truck pull up across the street, and a delivery man started walking towards my yard with a package in his hand.  I  put on my robe to go out to get the package, but could not find it.  Dwarf Helen came out with me, and we both looked.  She finally found the package on the ground near the front corner of the house. 

I hope this is not going to be Walmart's new way of delivering packages.  They just started a new program for two day delivery for $49 a year.  I joined it, but am not impressed with today's delivery.  It was only a partial order, so I'll be interested to see how the rest of the order gets delivered.

Yesterday, the remote control for my cable box stopped working properly.  The "on/off" button and the "volume" buttons do not work anymore.  They were working fine earlier in the morning, but then they just stopped.  After spending quite a long time on the phone with a technician from the cable company, it was decided that I needed a new remote.  So, I will have to make a trip to the cable store either later today or tomorrow to pick up the new remote.

Well that's about all my news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
Oh gosh that is not a great way to receive packages. You need to make a call to who ever the delivery company was and have them find out who the delivery person was that delivered your package and report how it was delivered because I bet you that this delivery is not the way that packages are supposed to be delivered. They have invoices and will know who it was that made the delivery. People are so lazy now days and just do not want to do their jobs.

Sorry to hear that your visit to see your Aunt Lucy didn't pan out, but wow... what a nice trip you and Pogo must have had at the garden center. Nathan is outside cleaning our patio. We do not have access to a water hose so I am filling up water pitchers and taking to him. Just took a break. It had to be cleaned tho. It has been some months now since we have done it.

It looks like I am going to have to call the court house for my divorce papers that I need so I can prove to Homeland Security that I am divorced. Which is silly but I cannot get my ID without them and I need to get that taken care of as soon as possible. I found my marriage license and but not the divorce papers. They may have been damaged in the flood. I don't know.

And one more call to the Endocrinologist and that is it for me today. I am going to bed and cover my head and stay there... Cisco had his treat today and he says Yummy and thank you. Love, Beth and Cisco.

LV said...

Never a dull moment at your place.

smiekeltje said...

Sorry for you in a way, that the visit to Aunt Lucy wasn;t how you planned it, but stil nice you got to see her. Then you got that surprise call from Janet to go to the garden centre! Wow, ever so nice but indeed ever so tricky, as you mentioned LOL.
I am curious what plants you did buy there.
Funny way of delivering packages I must say. Normally they bring them to the frontdoor, and hadn them personally to you, or at the least put them someshere dry and safe where you can spot them immediately.
Hmm, let's see how they do next time.
oing to post now on my blog, so till tomorrow, I guess.
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra