Friday, May 6, 2016

Longing For The Sunshine And Warmer Temps

May 6, 2016

Good morning.  I'd love to say that it is sunny and warm today, but alas, it is not to be.  I'm getting the gloomy doldrums.  These old bones need sunshine and warm temps!!!   Rain and cold go away, Pogo and I want to play.

I was watching the news (Morning Express With Robin Meade) this morning, but it seems to repeat itself every thirty minutes or so.  Sort of like a news loop.  So after not finding much else of interest to watch, I finally switched over to the BUZZR channel.  This one features all the old TV games from the 60's and 70's, and is quite fun to watch.

Last night, I worked on the Café Latte afghan for a while, and now there are only five more rows to go till it is finished.  This will make three done, and only two more to go.  (Ooooh, don't say anything, but the sun just poked it's lovely face out for a brief moment.  Maybe there's hope yet?)

I have a new photo of Pogo to share.  Every afternoon, he sits in front of his door and waits for Joe to come home from work (so that he can get his turkey treat).  Sometimes though, he falls asleep on his chair and almost misses seeing Joe come home.  So yesterday, he curled up on the blanket in front of the door and napped till it was time to watch for Joe. 


I dug into my photo archives again to see what was blooming on this day four years ago.  Hmmm, I haven't seen any dandelions at all so far this year.


I'm noticing a lot of differences in what is blooming now from one town to another.  One town over, there are beautiful azaleas in bloom.  Not so in my neighborhood.  There is a gorgeous pink magnolia tree in bloom a few streets away, and yet in two towns over, a gorgeous yellow magnolia tree is already losing all it's blossoms. 

The beautiful blossoming cherry tree that I planted a few years ago is finally getting some flowers on it.  I'll try to take some photos of it over the weekend.  It's amazing how tall this tree is getting.  Maybe I can find some photos in my archives from when we first planted it.  It will be interesting to see the difference from then to now.

Well, there's really not much happening here.  I'm not very energetic when it is cloudy outside.  Soon though, I'll have to perk up a bit.  There's grocery shopping to be done, and I need to start making up my list.  I also have to pack up a box of new clothes to send to my daughter Laura Jean.  I enjoy picking out pretty things for her each Spring. 

Now I'm going to make a fresh cup of coffee, and catch up a bit on my morning blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

I hope that you have a fabulous Mother's Day. I am sure that Pogo will give you extra love for your special day.
The flowers are blooming here are hit and miss too. I haven't seen hardly any Bluebonnets and the season is almost over and no Indian Paintbrush at all.
We seem to have an abundance of Black Eyed Susans this year. Pansy's are not as plentiful either. I would love to see photos of your tree.
Take care and have a wonderful day... Hugs, Beth and Cisco.

LV said...

Your weather is as unpredictable as in Texas. Holding my breath, but we have a few pretty sunny days this week. Hope you have a nice weekend.

smiekeltje said...

Happy to say our azalea is blooming ever so pretty. But we don;t have much more blooming in the garden at the moment. But with looking forward to another beautiful day with about 22C temp, soon there should be some more blooms.
did all the shopping yesterday, even went for a trip to the market, so today I really can be lazy, which sometimes can be boring, but ....... hey, who;s complaining? There will be enough to watch on tv and I certainly will spent some time in the garden chair.
Pogo is such a sweet boy, but smart too. Taking a nap is wonderful, but it has to be at a spot he cannot miss Joe!!
You have a lovely day and I am crossing fingers for you that your weather will improve soon too(getting warmer as most important I guess LOL).
Hug
Kyra

Snowy said...

We have finally some better weather over here. I just turned the heaters off ....about time ! It's May and until a few days ago I was still wearing boots and gloves on my way to work. So yup, I understand about the bad weather. Hope it will turn nice for you now as well :)
Hugs Snowy

Annesphamily said...

Jeremy will be in Seattle all next week. I just do not think I could live in a rainy place like that year round. I get so tired and my bones ache. I worry about Jeremy, he can not move to Texas because Brittany's lil girl has contact with her dad and he lives here. so far, Jeremy has not had luck finding other work and two of our daughters as well. Noelle applied for a job locally and interviewed today. Rebekah interviews at the same company on Thursday. All we can do is pray.