Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Floral Delights

May 24, 2016

Good morning.  It's cloudy outside with temps around 57F degrees.  Today's high will be around 63F degrees.  Tis a nice Spring day for doing errands.  At least I hope so.  I started warming up late yesterday afternoon, and sometime during the night I developed a whopper of a headache. 

I finally took an Excedrin Migraine a little while ago, and I surely do hope it gets rid of this headache.  SIL Eddie came by yesterday, but I told him there was a hold on any work on the bathroom until I felt better. 

Headache or no, in a little while Pogo and I are going to pick up Eddie and go looking for floor tiles and a few other things that are on my shopping list.  Eddie might be called back to work soon, so we want to get this bathroom finished pronto. 

I'd also like to set aside one day this week to visit Aunt Lucy.  I do chat with her on the phone , but the "in person" visit is special.  She and I are like a couple of old matriarchs, and we have so much in common.  I truly wish she could have been in my life all these years passed.  However, we don't have time to languish over the past.  Today is what is important and I'd like to keep it for as long as I can.

Yesterday, I took my camera outside to get a few photos to share of the new plants.  First, here are all those gorgeous petunias.



This piece hanging down had broken off the plant, so I tucked it into the dirt hoping that it would grow new roots.  We'll see.


Next is the new planter pot where we've put the tomato plants.  I can't wait to see how this works out.  We've placed it near the shed until we decide where is the best place for it. 


And lastly, here's a shot of the new little edging fence.  I need to pick up more of it to use on the other side of the house in the big garden.


Well that's all my news for today.  It's time to stuff my adorable self into some clothes and head on out to pick up Eddie.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Edna,

What lovely photos. I just oohed and aahhed over your petunias. You know... In all my days I cannot ever remember seeing yellow petunias. I must have, but surly don't recall ever seeing them.

I am so glad that your able to now visit with your Aunt Lucy. What a lovely gift for you to treasure to finally meet and spend time with her.

I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I have updated my blog and wanted to comment on yours before I put my brace back on. Hugs and have a wonderful day and I hope that you find the tiles that your looking for. xx Beth and Cisco who says Woof to Pogo and sends kisses to you... That is slurpy slobbery kisses by the way lol.

The Queen Jester said...

Your flowers look so bright and colorful. I'm excited to see how your planter/trellis work out for you. That would be something I could enjoy when we find a spot to land for several months at a time.

Snowy said...

Your petunias are lovely! I planted one a few days ago , but it's not as nice as yours ...yet,lol. But my tomatoes are thriving :)

smiekeltje said...

Glad you finally were able to get warm again, but not so good for the headache.
I think you catched some cold or so. Hope the pill worked to get rid of the headache.
Love your petunias. I don+t know if the fallen off branche will get roots.
That planter for your tomatoes looks great. Best place is to be in a lot of sun and water it well.
My tomatoe plants are growing but till now vedry slowly. I wonder if i will ever have some tomatoes LOL.
Have a lovely day, find your tiles and get rid of that headache!
Hug
Kyra

Mary Ann Roesler said...

The pomegranate Petunia has a beautiful color. Must send Gene out to see if we can get them here....great Chicken holder. What is the bright red/yellow branch buds...never saw one like that before. Thanks for the kind words about winning the State award, it certainly wasn't expected. Enjoy your new fixtures...Ryan is redoing theirs now also. Stay healthy friend!