Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A Busy Day For Pogo And Me

May 10, 2016

Good morning.  The sun is shining and temps are supposed to be in the low 70's today.  Woo Hoo!! For one reason or another, Pogo and I did not go out yesterday, so we plan to do so today.  I have a contractor coming by to give me an estimate on building the porch, then after that Pogo and I will go out for a bit.

This will be a short post because I had the opportunity to sleep late this morning, and I took it.  During the night, I was only able to sleep in short spurts, but by seven this morning my eyes were ready to close.

SIL Eddie just called and said that he is on his way here to check the riding lawnmower and help me clean a few windows.  I guess I need to make this post just a bit shorter and go get dressed. 

Did any of you bet on the Kentucky Derby races?  I bet on Nyquist and my horse came in first place.  I also bet on Danzing Candy.  Boy, for a while there I was so excited watching Danzing Candy leading the whole pack, but then the horse got tired.  Ah well, can't win them all.  (btw, these were $1 dollar bets among friends and family)

Here's a photo of Eddie's Derby Hat, and a photo of all the ladies in their beautiful hats.  No one wins a lot of money, but oh the fun they have!!!



Well, I have to be off now.  SIL Eddie is already here.  He must have called me from around the corner.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

LOVE the hats. Sadly I didn't bet on any of the horses. This year I really didn't take an active interest in it as I usually do.

I hope that you get a great estimate and good job that SIL Eddie is there to help you. What a blessing that man is to you.

Gotta run. I haven't been home long from my procedure and Cisco is wanting breakfast... Love to you and Pogo. Beth,