Monday, March 28, 2016

Meet "Peep"

March 28, 2016

Good morning.  Pogo and I had a lovely Easter Sunday, and we hope all of you did too.  It was a beautiful day, and Pogo spent a good portion of the day sunbathing in front of his door.  He wasn't thrilled about having to share some of his space with his new Easter Peep that Auntie Dee Dee gave him.  However, as long as it did not move about and annoy him, he would let it be. 

This is Pogo's new Easter Peep.  Isn't it adorable?  It squeaks when you press the eyes.  Pogo does not play with toys, but he finds a place to set each one of them and checks them periodically.  He has decided that Peep will sit on the roof of his little cloth house. 


Deanne also brought two beautiful orange tulip plants for me.  Oh my, they are ever so pretty!!  Just about all the tulips and daffodils in my little gardens were gifts from her.  Here's a photo of my pretty new plants.


Today will be a quiet day for Pogo and me.  It's raining, and the weatherman says it will rain most all day and part of the night.  It seems that the April showers are a tad bit early this year.  I guess we'll just wait till tomorrow to go out and do our errands.  It's supposed to be a bit warmer and sunny by then. 

Over the weekend, I finished the Medium Rose afghan, and started working on the Café Latte afghan.  I've slowed down a lot with my crocheting, but at this rate, I should have no problem finishing at least five afghans before next Christmas. 

I'll call JoAnn's Fabric Store later today to get a schedule of all upcoming sewing classes and the requirements for joining them.  It's been quite a while since I've used a sewing machine and I could use a refresher course. 

Last evening, while talking with daughter Audrey on the phone, we started making plans to go on a nature trip next summer to photograph birds and wildlife.  This sounds like a lot of fun, and I'll be able to take Pogo with me.

Now I need to take a walk out front and put my bills in the mail box.  My breathing isn't so good today, so after that little walk I'll be needing a short rest.  Some days the short walk does not bother me at all, and other days it is really a chore.  (but one that I'm grateful to be able to do)

Well, that's about all my news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

My those tulips are so beautiful. Tulips are one of my favorites among the many that I love. Everyone that I know this Easter that owns homes and can plant them have received Tulips. Yellow for Patsy, Pinkish purple for my friend Mary, and each have been beautiful but I think that yours is just gorgeous. The orange fits you.

Awww Peep is just too cute. Cisco loves toys. I am sure that Pogo would have loved them had he not lived in a cage for so long. He didn't really get to have a childhood. I am so sorry for that. So many people are so cruel.

Today is supposed to be busy for me but I am exhausted. But I have someone coming to take me to the DMV to get my state ID. My drivers license expired on my birthday and I didn't get a chance to get to the DMV but my driving days are over. I cannot maneuver in this traffic. I have driven in lots of cities but this traffic here is unlike anything that I have seen before. So I am planning on just getting my Photo ID. I am showered and dressed and was planning on using a bit of make up today but can't find it. It has been that long since I have used it. When and IF I find it I am sure that it needs to be thrown away.

I am not sure what time my ride is supposed to be here so I will close for now and make sure that I am ready to go when he gets here. I am having cramps in my hands today. I am afraid that it is a sign that I am about to have a flare up with the Fibromyalgia. It usually starts in my elbow or wrist. Thankfully I will see my pain doctor tomorrow. I have much to discuss about my pain. Different doctor so that is good!

Have a wonderful day in spite of the rain... Hugs, Beth and Cisco.

Debby said...

Peep is cute. I could see why pogo is a little shy around him.
I love your tulips. How fun that your gifts live on in your garden.
Take care of yourself.
Hugs

Annesphamily said...

Take care of yourself Edna! We both had head colds again and the hubby gets bronchitis so quickly! My niece Holly is into doterra, the essential oils. I must say we have a couple different diffusers and we love them. we bought an oil on line at amazon.com I think, called "Breathe Easy" and boy does it help with our nights! The essential oils and also reflexology are so fascinating to me. I worked with a very elderly woman years ago who swore by these two together. Whenever I had a migraine she went to work on me! Rubbing my feet with her various oils! Always got rid of those annoying painful migraines! I am not much f a pill popper so I try to find alternative ways to stay healthier.
Love that new toy Pogo received for Easter! Plus your tulips! Gorgeous. We have mild temps for a few days and more snow expected Wednesday and Thursday this week. We had 22 inches of snow here on Wednesday last week. Most all of it is melting away already. Grateful to live where the temps are more mild.
You two stay healthy and enjoy your week. I would enjoy that nature trip too! Sounds relaxing! Take care and enjoy the nice weather when you can too! xo

smiekeltje said...

The tulips looks beautiful. only find a pity that they don't live for long, in compare with other flowers. But they are beautiful and come in so many different colors and species, wow!.
I love Peep, LOL!
I am happy you had a good Easter sunday. I once went out in the garden, but quickly went inside again, there was just too much wind, sotrmy one!
Today is much better, a bit rainy, but less wind, so I will go out later today for some grocerie shopping.
Have a lovely day, take a good rest.
Hug
Kyra