Sunday, January 31, 2016

Only 48 Days Till Spring!!

January 31, 2016

Good morning.  It's a little after 7 a.m. and I've been up for a couple hours.  I crocheted a bit, made some breakfast and checked my emails.  I'm also learning my way around my laptop again.  Yesterday I must have touched a button somewhere (don't know what or where) and everything on my desktop went cookoo. 

I tried to make a bit of order on the desktop but learning to use the task bar while it is running up and down the side of the screen is a new thing for me.  I don't know how to change things back to what they used to be, so I'm just doing the best I can with it.

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day.  SIL Eddie and a friend came by to take away all the bags of recycle bottles we have stored in the basement.  The money will be given to a local animal shelter.  Meanwhile, Pogo spent hours in front of his door enjoying the sunshine'



Doesn't he look like a tiny lion?  I will have to give some thought to what type of hair cut he'll get next trip to the groomer.  I love the clean look, but this tiny lion look is beautiful too.   Hmmm, we'll see.

Well, we've come to the end of January, and now I really must buckle down and finish putting all my tax stuff together, adding lots of columns and keeping my bottle of Excedrin Migraine handy.  What I could really use is something to keep the nerves from being so jittery.  I know it's all because of the tax stuff, and it will go away in a few weeks, but it still makes me sick to my stomach until it is finished.

This year, I'll be working with a new accountant, so that in itself will be a new experience.  Oh gosh, I'm too old for this stuff!!  Ah well, I'll get over it. 

I borrowed this next image from the web.  What a great idea for a flower or berry garden when space is limited.  It's made with pvc pipe and could make a very interesting garden.  I'm thinking that it will be fun to see what other kinds of plants can be planted this way.


Now I really can't wait till Spring gets here.  Only 48 more days!!  Woo hoo!!  It's time to start taking a serious look at the seed and flower catalogues.  First on my list of plants is the citronella plant.  I usually keep a couple of these near my door. 

Soon it will be time to renew my contract with the Lawn Doctor.  I enjoyed having a mosquito free yard last summer.  We didn't see any ticks either.  So, I guess the yard treatments worked just fine.

Well, the morning is slipping by quickly and I have laundry waiting to be done.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Mary Tincher said...

If your task bar works like mine, you can just left click (and hold down the left mouse key) and drag it back to the bottom of your screen. I hope it works and good luck!

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Afternoon! I've been up since 4 a.m. and finally got to blog some and visit some to read blogs...got my shopping done, the floors cleaned and the laundry all done too so am ready to start another week at the tax office...I know you dread it there, but I am having a good time so far....(now that I am settling into a routine). I've been at the computer too long today, my neck and shoulders are screaming at me, so think I will quit for a bit and let them rest. Pogo is such a handsome young man, I like his lion look! Have a terrific week ahead and glad you are feeling somewhat better! Hugs until next time. Mat

smiekeltje said...

Seems you are feeling a bit better, apart from the jitter caused by the tax stuff. I know that feeling too. It gets to me too, and it seems to be worse every year. And why? I don;t have to worry too much, just need to wait till all the papers arrive that my accountant will need. Then have to coy them and send them to him. By the end of next month it should all be done, may be even earlier, depend on a few papers I need from the council taxes.
But still I am not feeling completely at ease till all is done. Hopeless we are, isn't it?
Pogo looks terrific as a lion, but I think it will be better for him to have a sborter hair cut, specially when warmer weather is ahead.
For now we have terrific temperatures, all around 7-10 C day, and night just two or 3 lower. Fantastic. Only thing that is not too great is that we have a lot of wind. But that will be less too further on this week. So better not complain, I can do with these temperatures!
Jan already started to clean up the garden a little bit, replaced some pots and such, soon we will have to start planting our seeds, to have a lot of flowers and tomatoes perhaps and all in spring and summer. Hmm, will have to find some room for it( several need to start their life inside, you know)
You take care and get completely better again, get rid of the virus and if possible the stress of the taxes.
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

The pvc pipe idea for the strawberries is brilliant! What a more orderly way to grow them and they'd be much simpler to pick that way.