Sunday, January 24, 2016

Jonas' Chaos Missed Us.

January 24, 2016

Good morning.  It's 5:22 a.m. and I'd rather be sleeping.  However, an hour or so ago, Pogo got hungry and decided that I should get up and get him something to eat.  Well, he's such a macho little fellow that of course I got up and made him a plate of food. 

Last evening I had a grand time shopping online for baby clothes.  First I ordered several adorable items from Amazon, then I checked out the clearance sale at Walmart.  Oh my, they had some really good bargains, but the web site is so difficult to maneuver around on.  The pages freeze up, and some pages show a notice "this page cannot be displayed."  But I hung in there, and after a couple of hours, I finally managed to select quite a few cute things for Baby Aurora.  (due early March)

Somehow, I think Pogo did a bit of shopping online too.  I left the room for a few minutes to get a snack and a bottle of water; and when I came back Pogo quickly jumped away from my laptop.  Hmmm, I'm going to have to check the billing statements when they come in. 

Well, "Jonas" finally made his way here to my little part of New England.  Around 1:30 yesterday afternoon, the wind had picked up quite a bit and tiny snowflakes were swirling around outside.  For most of the afternoon, it was a light snowfall. 

I filled a couple of bowls with peanuts, and Joe took them outside.  One bowlful was to be spread under my car and the other bowlful would go in the squirrel feeder.  It did not take long before the squirrels found the peanuts. 


I haven't seen any little birds lately so I guess the hawk is still hanging around in our trees.  I do wish he would move on to someone else's yard so that our birds could come back.  I really do miss them.

Here's a photo of the Scarlet afghan that I've started.  However, I've gone as far as I can go until the new yarn order gets here.  So now I have two afghans started that are just waiting for their variegated yarns.  Ah well, it's no biggie as long as they are finished in time for Christmas.


Around 10:30 last evening, I took a photo out the kitchen window to see how much snow we already had.  Every few minutes, the wind would howl, the giant trees would be swaying and bending, and large swirls of snow would be flying around in the yard. 


When I next looked out around 3 a.m, the snow had stopped.  We managed to get a few inches, maybe four.  At least that's what it looks like from my window.  I'll know better after daylight.  We were pretty lucky.  A few miles south and west of us did not fare so good. 

I have an update on my friend Nani.   She is back home now with her hubby and their fur babies.  Nani, this is such wonderful news.  I hope the rest and the therapy did lots of good for you.  I've missed your smile.

Joe must have got up early this morning too, because Pogo smelled the coffee perking out in the house and ran out to the pantry a few minutes ago to bark for Joe to get his turkey treat.  Gosh, this little doggie of mine is sooooo smart!  

Well, that's about all my news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

I'm so glad you only got a little taste of Jonas! After last year, you didn't deserve any 30" day! I send prayers and good wishes to everyone who did get the full wallop. We have friends and relatives all over the East Coast. But I bet David's brother is happy about taking the job in Jacksonville and leaving Connecticut last summer right about now!

Thanks so much for mentioning me and keeping an eye on me! My first day home had some trials and tribulations but I made it through OK. Kaline has been kind of cuddly and pretty brave, staying downstairs yesterday when the nurse visited, because I think she wants to make sure her mommy doesn't go anywhere. Yesterday must have been a good online shopping day. I fought off some insomnia demons on Amazon last night myself.

Hawks are beautiful birds to see flying, but not as tree-guests. I hope your visitor moves on soon so the normal bird population feels less threatened.

Now, with you mentioning the smell of Joe's coffee, my Sunday morning coffee taste buds are prompting me to get to the kitchen.

Have a cozy day!
Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

I am happy the big storm missed you, well, you had some of the snow and wind, but not in such quantities as elsewhere!
Pogo should learn a bit to let you sleep somewhat longer in the morning!
But i know, when he is looking at you you cannot resist him LOL.
We have quite nice weather today, think temps are around 10-12 C and sunshine and lots of blue sky. Oh boy, I hope it goes on for a long time and then end of april goes up much more hahaha.
Going to watch now Bargain Hunt on the BBC, love that program
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra

Unknown said...

Hi,

I know that I posted yesterday but not sure if it made it or not but just wanted to stop in and say hello (again) and to tell you that I love how Macho Pogo is... Can't wait to see what he ordered online lol. Have a great day! Love, Beth and Cisco.