Thursday, January 21, 2016

"Jonas" Causing Chaos Everywhere

January 21, 2016

Good morning.  I got up early this morning (around 5 a.m.).  I still had a bit of blog reading to catch up with.  It's a bit on the BRRR side, only 18F degrees.  Today we should get up to around 30F.  Oh joy, be still my little heart.  Spring????  Please hurry here!!!

I'm watching the Weather Channel to see what's happening with storm Jonas that is due here on Saturday.  It's not a very pretty storm and is causing a lot of severe damage and chaos wherever it passes through.  It has heavy winds, snow, ice, hail and rain.  Not very pretty at all.

Last evening, DIL Janet was here and we had a lovely evening getting caught up on all our news.  It's been a while since we've been able to get together.  Sad to say, she won't be able to join me in Florida this year.  She has a bit of remodeling being started on her house soon and will need to be around to keep an eye on it. 

I downloaded images of the new yarns that I ordered to post here.  I can't wait for them to get here so that I can start using one of them (possibly the Cotton Candy) with the Medium Rose afghan.  I hope.  If not, I'll start a different afghan.   Aren't these just yummy colors?



I'm hoping that the "Valentine" yarn will match the red yarn that I bought.  The "Harvest Melon" will match the new brown yarn and the "Smoothie" - well, I just couldn't resist the colors. 

Today I need to do a bit of shopping online to find me a new suitcase and a new tote.  Pogo and I will be travelling alone on the way home from Florida, so I want to minimize what I will need to be carrying.  The tote will have to serve as a purse and a carry on to hold my important things, and still be light and not too big.  I will still have a suitcase, Pogo's stroller and Pogo in his travel case. 

I used to drive everywhere, and I may have to start thinking of travelling by car again.  We'll see.  I don't like going distances alone anymore.  Must be an "old age" thing.  When I think back on my younger years, it is scary how fearless I was.  It's good I did it all when I was young and foolish.  At least I have lots of fun memories now.

Well, that's all the news here.  I need to finish making up my shopping list.  Joe and I will go grocery shopping later this afternoon.  Plus I want to get started on my online shopping search.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I love the colors of your yarn. I'm thinking of starting my knitting and crocheting again. When I was working I never had time but now I'm getting myself to the point where I could spend some time just sitting there. But what to make.

We are a little warmer than you. It's 30* now going up to 37*. But Jonas is going to hit us before you. Philadelphia is right on the track and we are warned of blizzard like conditions. Glad I went to the supermarket yesterday because today will be chaos.

Stay warm!

Debby said...

We are on the cusp of the storm. Hoping you don't get the full storm. I bet there is no bread or milk to be found anywhere, hah.
Love the pictures of the beautiful yarn.

Unknown said...

Edna,

This storm is a little too scary for comfort of any kind. I had not heard that it was a named storm. That's funny that my weather station is just calling it the storm of the east coast. Hmmm... I sure hope that you will be stocked up with a lot of staples. Don't forget candles, matches and batteries for your flashlight in case you need it.

Love the yarns... wow how pretty. I fell in love with the Harvest Melon, but they are all very beautiful and I am sure that your creations will be marvelous as well.

I am sorry to hear that Janet cannot come with you on vacation this year. Perhaps you can arrange a girls weekend closer to home after her house is finished. Karyn and I along with Jonathan and Joe are planning a trip to Puma Cuna on the other side of Puerto Rico next March. I am hesitant with my seafood allergy but I will stay inland at the resort and she and Joe and Jonathan can go to the beach and do bleachy things. I am sure that I will find lots to do if I go. It is just a plan in the infancy stages. So much can happen between now and NEXT March lol.

We are having a very mild winter here. It is 64 degrees right now. The weather station said that we should get up to 71 today. It feels like Spring already but we have been through this before and got slammed hard in February March and April. It is sure different than last year.

Give Pogo hugs from Cisco and I. We always think of you both. Cisco and I are going to go and cuddle. I gave him a treat this morning. My left over cream of wheat. He is happy as a little pig in mud right now! Love Beth and Cisco.





smiekeltje said...

That yarn looks lovely!
Pity Janet cannot be in Florida with you. But you still will have Joe, isn;t it? And may be you can persuad somebody else to come to join you?
Hmm, I have no idea what distance it is to your holiday destination. If it's to be done in one day, say for several hours, may be driving yourself to Florida could be an option.
It surely is handy with the luggage. No idea if it will be cheaper or not than by plane.
Or may be another idea, find someone who wants to go with you and with a driver license.what about that???
Yesterday we had still cold and grey weather. But today I see some blue sky and some sunshine. Temperatures should go up too little by little, hoorray.
so perhaps I will take a little walk and in the afternoon I will be in the kitchen, preparing Jan's dinner, that he can warm up in the oven.
For myself, I don;t know yet what i will eat, but i surely will find something tasty LOL.
Have a lovely day.
Hug
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

Oh please stay safe and warm. I hope you don't get much trouble with the power going out. One gal I know in PA. said they already had a lot of snow! W Virginia and Virginia too. I was fearless when I was younger too. Now I would like someone to chauffeur me around! I met the sweetest lady a while back, while waiting for my hubby to finish his eye appt., she was 80 and said she recently gave up driving because of her eyesight. I saw the sadness in her face. Gosh life is tough isn't it? We keep plugging along. I do not like night driving as my sight is not as good as it once was but I am good in the daylight. I love tote bags so I know what you mean about downsizing. My cousin and her friend traveled to Slovenia and Italy and a few other places this summer. She said they split the fees for an extra suitcase to carry all their treasures home. She had a driver when she was in Slovenia and got around beautifully. Ah....someday Stay warm and happy. I bought some hot chocolate pods for my tiny Hamilton Beach Kreuig wannabe coffeemaker. I Love that lil maker. I still make my tea the old fashioned way though. Taste better I think. We had a rather large car bill earlier. AN oil change and back brake job Y I K E S ! They also wanted to do a radiator hose with a slight leak. The part was $36 the labor $144. Rebekah will ask her friend Nathan, he does car work at his home and he worked for all those places so he knows the corporate drill about getting more money from your customers. Stay safe and warm and keep in touch.