Thursday, November 12, 2015

Tis A Bit Soggy, But Still Quite Nice

November 12, 2015

Good morning.  It's rather gray and damp here in my little part of New England.  The rain has been steady, buy very light.  Today's temps won't be too bad, about 53F degrees.  Not a bad day after all.

Yesterday, my doctor called in a prescription for eye drops for me, but I did not have a chance to go pick them up.  I'll do that this morning.  Plus I have to go to the Town Hall to sign my tax papers.  Thank goodness a nice lady calls me to remind me because I always forget. 

Well, I do have some information on our new little baby.  Her name is Alima and she weighed in at 4 pounds, 12 ounces and is 17 3/4 inches long.  Deanne spent her whole visit at the hospital cuddling little Ali.  Here's a photo of Deanne holding our newest cutie pie.


Deanne said to me "Oh Mom, she's soooo tiny!"  I had to remind her that she too was a teeny tiny baby.  She weighed 4 pounds, 15 ounces  when I brought her home from the hospital.   So I dug out an old Polaroid of Deanne in her carriage, with her big sister Kerri peeking in at her. 

 
DIL Janet came by last evening with an armful of goodies.  She brought me a birthday cake, and a whole box of cupcakes in case I did not like the cake.  Plus she gave me a gift card to JoAnn's Fabric Store.  Oh my, you can be sure I'll have lots of fun with that gift card!   She even gave me three birthday cards.  She could not decided which one to buy, so she got them all.  (She spoils me, but I love it!)
 
I've been trying, not too successfully, to fight off a cold these past couple of weeks.  If I could just get rid of the cold, my eye would probably clear right up.  Ah well, if I can get all of the "sicky" stuff out of the way, maybe I can stay healthy all of next year.  This year hasn't been so healthy for me.  I really don't want to miss out on next Spring.
 
Well, that's about all my news.  Now it's time to get ready to go do some errands.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
 
Hugs, Edna B. 

5 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Trying to catch up - I must have missed the fact it was your birthday recently ...so happy belated birthday. Today is my son's 45th birthday...it just doesn't seem possible.
Cute little baby - they are the nicest things aren't they, with that new baby smell.

LV said...

Things will get better. Just hand in there.

Unknown said...

What a cutie pie.... Your a lucky lady to have all this love surrounding you! My second daughter Karyn was born 5 weeks premature. I had a kidney infection that was beginning to attack her and she tried to come several times. When they couldn't stop the labor on a Saturday she weighed in a little bit bigger than baby Ali... 5lbs and 2 oz17 1/2 inches. I brought her home in a cabbage patch dress for premies and even the diapers were a little too big. 31 years later my little girl is not so tiny anymore!

Supposed to rain like cats and dogs here starting tomorrow. I will get a chance to wear my new orthodontic shoes. I just have no idea what I will wear with them. I do have a pair of sweats that might not hurt the incision too much. I have an early appointment. I need to be there at 8 am but they are picking me up at 7:00 am.

Nathan is picking us up dinner tonight at Taco Bell. I changed my order about 5 times but ended up with my usual.... Cisco thinks that he is getting Taco Bell too. You should have seen his tail wagging so I will give him a bite of mine.

I hope that the drops help and that the nasty call goes away.... Hugs until tomorrow... Cisco and Beth

Stacey said...

ooh she is totally adorable! hope you feel better real soon, so you can visit her. How nice it's like having 2 birthdays - one can't have too many celebrations!

smiekeltje said...

Such a sweet little thing, Alima! And what a special name!
Janet really spoils you, isn't she?
Now you must get your eye-drops today and start with it, the sooner you will get rid of your pink-eye!
Hmmm, having a cold isnlt always nice to have, but perhaps you are right: beat it now, then you've had it for the next few months or more, so you will be free of it. Oh, if ever we could have such a guarantee, LOL!
Going to post on my blog now, so have a nice day.
Hugs
Kyra