Friday, September 18, 2015

Congratulations Kevin!!

September 18, 2015

Good morning.  The sun is shining and it is 70F degrees.  Gorgeous!!  In a few hours, it will be back in the 80's, but for now it is just delightful.

Yesterday, Pogo and I met our new tax accountant.  He seems to be a fair and very smart man, and we had a very good meeting.  Afterwards, we stopped at the hardware store to pick up some more birdseed.   Then we rode around for a while, just enjoying the beautiful weather.  Pogo was enjoying himself by hanging his nose out the car window to catch the wind on his face.  It feels good to ride like the big dogs!

While we were at our meeting, I realized that I had forgotten to mail out my quarterly taxes that were due earlier this month.  As soon as we got home, I wrote out checks for the Feds and the State, and we went to the Post Office to mail them right out.   Phew!  Now I'm all set until January, when they are due again.

I received an email from Beth with a scrap layout that she made, using my recent QP freebie.  This is really pretty Beth.  I love your editing. 


Well, I have some more good news.  Grandson Kevin tried out for, and made, his college baseball team.   Congratulations Kevin!  Tomorrow they have a scrimmage game with another local college, and Pogo and I are hoping to be able to go see the game. 

While I was out taking photos of our roses, I noticed that we had a roof top garden that was growing quite well.  Unfortunately, it's beginning to lift some of the roof tiles.  Hmmm, I wonder how this got up there anyway!  SIL Eddie said that he would come by soon and remove the plants (and roots) from the roof.



While I was taking a few photos from this side of the house, my little guy was watching me from his door.  On days when there is a really nice breeze, Pogo actually takes naps right in front of the door.  As you can see, Pogo is overdue for a hair cut.  I think we'll make him an appointment for this upcoming week.


Last night, I cooked pork chops glazed with a mixture of orange marmalade and orange juice.  Even though Pogo did not enjoy this, I did.  I cooked it on the induction burner.  Next time, I'll try making it in the pressure cooker. 

Well, it's time for me to get busy around here.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a beautiful weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hey you two! Been a couple of busy weeks around here and with this heat and high humidity hanging around so is the arthritis in the hands especially in the right one. My baby Sideways has decided he wants attention and is creating havoc with my keyboard causing me to have to erase and retype...LOL1 I've evicted the hairballs and dust bunnies this morning and the washer and dryer are both going, so guess he feels neglected...poor baby! I need to get up and wash the windows of this week's nose art so they have a clean slate to start over. Just wanted to say hi and that I enjoy your daily e-mail and to thank you for the lovely QP too! You and Pogo have a fantastic weekend ahead...I have some ripe bananas that need to be made into bread and the dryer just stopped and called my name...Hugs, Mat

Stacey said...

Congratulations to Kevin! that is awesome! hope the scrimmage goes well! OMG, I can't believe that actually grew on your roof. I guess it's too blazing hot here for that to happen to us. Hope you and little Pogo have a great weekend. so glad you're figuring out the induction burner. I think those pork chops sound delicious!

smiekeltje said...

Oh give congrats to Kevin. Hope you will be able to see his game!
Good to read you enjoyed a bit the nice weather. As well are some plants on your roof LOL. Well, there are projects where they plant on walls and roofs greenery(which is very attractive), but it's not the way the plants on your roof are growing. Best indeed to remove them as quickly as possible, before they really damage your rooftiles.
Yumm, sounds good your pork chops. Always like the combination of sweet and salt in food. Sometimes the strangest combinations give such an aweful good taste.
Good your are off the taxes for a few months. I pay them in parts every month, it doesnt hurt that much hahaha.
Okay, time perhaps to make a small blogpost and then perhaps work some on a new kit I started.
Have a fantastic weekend,
Hug
Kyra

Nani said...

Congrats to Kevin!!

Needing a haircut or not, Pogo is always quite handsome! That photo of him s adorable!

Hugs, Nani