Thursday, September 24, 2015

A Nice Surprise In The Mail

September 24, 2015

Good morning.  Well, this was another 5 a.m. breakfast morning for my little guy.  However, I must say that it is good to get up early some days.  I can take my time reading my emails while I watch the news on TV and enjoy a cup of coffee.

I have to say that the news gets a bit annoying after a while.  It seems that every thirty minutes, the same stories get repeated.  So, I often switch the news off, and put the shopping channel on.  Today, though, starting at 9 a.m., the Blue Blood marathon will be on all day.  It's all repeats, but very enjoyable.  So that's what I'll be watching.

I was clearing out a junk drawer the other day, and I came across another blast from the past.  Do any of you remember these?    Hmmm, maybe there was a Rambo movie out back then?


I also have another photo memory from the past to share.  Because I have my blog printed as books, I thought it would be good to have some of these photos sprinkled throughout the books.  This photo was taken back in the mid 70's.  Daughter Audrey spent a whole summer in Sweden and Norway.  While in Norway, her friend's sister, who worked in a recording studio, took the girls on a tour of the studio while a popular singing group was making a recording.  The happy girl with the big smile (3rd from right) is Audrey, sitting with the group that was making the recording.


I find that a lot of the old photos are fading and scratched.  By putting some of them in my blog books, I can save them for future generations.   The old Polaroid photos are in the worst condition.  Unfortunately, way back when we took these photos, we did not realize how much they would deteriorate over time. 

While Audrey was picking up a few groceries at her local supermarket last week, she came across this item and scooped it up right away.  There were just two of them left and she took them both.  Deanne and I are big time Red Sox fans, so Audrey packaged them up and mailed them to me.


Yup!!  Boston Red Sox peanuts grown at Hampton Farms in Virginia.  Suffolk, VA. is the peanut capitol.  You just don't usually find Red Sox labels that far south.   Deanne and I are going to enjoy these, Audrey.  Thank you from both of us.

In a couple hours, a person from the window company (Window World) will be here to look at one of my exterior doors and give me an estimate to replace it.  I'll be interested in seeing the different types of doors that he has to offer.  I'd like to stay as close in design to the door that is being replaced.

Pretty soon, I have to replace the vanity in the upstairs bathroom.  This was one of the projects that was started earlier this year, but never finished.  So, I guess that's our next project.  I'd like to have it finished before the end of October. 

Some time over the winter, I may even re-do the floor tiles in my bathroom.  I've already bought a couple of new scatter rugs for my bathroom.  Pogo likes to go in there and have a nap on the scatter rug by the tub.

It looks like it will be a busy winter here.  Once I get past the gift wrapping, package mailing, and one or two household projects, it will be time to start working on the taxes again.  Yeesh!!!  That's the one thing I just don't look forward to. 

Today is cloudy and cool so far.  The temperature will probably only get up to about 71F degrees today, but the sun is supposed to be out for most of the day.  This afternoon should be a really nice Fall day.

Well that's my news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

That really was an early breakfast. And a nice surprise in the mail. If you open the bag with caution perhaps you can use it for something else as well.
Oh naughty Pogo. He knows where to lie down. On new rugs in the bathroom LOL.
You have some projects in mind this autumn!
Starting this weekend we should have some lovely days ahead with lots of sunshine, temperatures around 17-18 C, which isn't too warm but okay for autumn.
It would be nice to spend some time in the garden, preparing it for winter, but there are still things blossoming full-hearted there(specially my dahlia's) so I don;t like to dig them up already. Think we will have to wait another 2 weeks or so.

It's a real pity that the polaroid photo's are in such a bad state. I have them too and they are de-colored if not worse, so I just have a few of them left.

Today Jan has to work again, so I made dinner yesterday with left over for today and he can eat that when he comes home. Only has to shove it in the oven for a while. So that is good planning LOL!

Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra


The Queen Jester said...

It's always fun to get a surprise in the mail - especially something tasty!

We enjoy Blue Blood as well - nice show.

Annesphamily said...

If my dad were alive today he would shake his head and laugh that I have such a dear heart of a friend who loves those Red Sox! Hee Hee! Isn't life wonderful, we all love our teams and we all get along. I love peanuts and we had lunch at Texas Roadhouse today and those tasty peanuts were wonderful.

A little joke for you, two peanuts walk into a bar, one was a salted!

Enjoy your evening. Get some rest.