Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A Most Fascinating Little Bird

July 21, 2015

Good morning.  It's cloudy right now, and warm.  But soon the sun will be shining and the temps will be in the 90's.  Our nights have been warm and sticky, but they should start cooling down a bit by tomorrow night. 

I have a funny story to share.  Yesterday, while I was sitting here typing my post, I noticed a little bird sitting one of the recycle bins outside.  Something was definitely capturing his attention because he stayed in that spot for the longest time. 

When my post was finished, the little bird was still sitting in that same spot, so I grabbed my cell phone and took his photo.  Usually any movement near my door will make some of the birds fly away (and then they come back), but not this little bird.  (he's near the bottom right corner of the white trash bag.)


I finally went out to the kitchen in the main house and looked out the window there for a closer view.  Well my goodness, this wasn't a little bird at all.  It was the corner of a black trash bag that was behind the white trash bag.  Well now, that solves the mystery of why the little bird would not move from this spot. 

My new blog book arrived in the mail yesterday.  So I spent the next hour looking through it.  I have to say that I'm really pleased with my collection of blog books.   Here's what the front and back covers look like.



I've been cooking on the new one burner hot plate that I bought last Friday.   I don't want to set up the induction burners until Eddie is finished working on the new counter and cabinet.  He could not come by last evening because there was a family emergency. 

Kevin and Jasmine and two friends were coming home from the beach when an axle on Kevin's car broke.  My grandson stayed calm, and was able to move his car over to the breakdown lane before the axle snapped and his wheel flew across the highway.   None of the kids were hurt, and no one on the highway was injured by the wheel.  

Someone Up There was watching over them.  I am so thankful.  I am also so very proud of my grandson Kevin for staying calm while he maneuvered his car across the highway to safety.

I have a cute photo that I took Saturday of three of my grandchildren.   Shanna was going to a "80's" themed party, and stopped by to pick up her brother, Stephen.   Kevin went out to chat with them for a while, so of course Grandma grabbed her phone to get some photos.  In order, they are Stephen, Shanna and Kevin.  (Shanna and Stephen are two of my son Gary's six children.)

 
Last night, I was able to put a few more rows on the blue afghan, so now it only needs thirty six more rows to be finished.  Yeah!!  I'll be glad when these last two "must finish" afghans are done because the arthritis in my left hand has been acting up a bit lately. 
 
I need to do a bit of research on the antibiotics that I have had to take this past Spring.  Sometimes they can cause swelling or tearing of a tendon, especially if you are over 60 or if you take steroid medication.  (you can read up about this on Google)  
 
In  the past, when I had to take these antibiotics, I had a problem with two of the fingers on my left hand.  They were numb and tingly, and this did not get along so good with the arthritis.  It took two years to clear up.   Now it is back, only a bit more uncomfortable. On my next orthopedic appointment, I'll talk to the doctor about this.
 
Well it's time to pay some bills, so I'll take my leave now.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 
 
Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

LV said...

Always feel like I have been there visiting with you personally when I visit your blog. Sometimes the eye sees things that are not what we think. I stopped telling everyone the things I do, Might get hauled off.

Stacey said...

Such lovely grandchildren you have! Your blog book looks great! it must be so fun to go back thru previous years and look at them. I'm so glad no one was hurt - that is so scary! The eyes are very easily fooled. that's why magicians are in business. I like that show brain games, can't remember what channel now, but it's always so fun and you can see how easy it is to fool the mind.

smiekeltje said...

Hilarious story about your "little bird" ROFL!!!
Lovely grandchildren photo again.
Oops, that was a tricky thing happening to Kevin and his car. Glad he stayed calm and all ended really well.
Not so good is the news about your arthritis acting up. And the more the antibiotics play part in it. May be a chat with the doctor or your orthopedist will be helpfull.
Still nice weather here, not too warm, but good enough to have the garden doors wide open, how wonderful.!
Had a lungfunction test yesterday, will hear the result in a couple of weeks, I guess.
Glad it is done with and hopefully I will not have to do one again in the next few years LOL!
Okay, have to do a bit of shopping today, and also a vacuumcleaning would be great for the room.

Have a wonderful day
Hugs
Kyra

Debby said...

The grands are so cute. So much fun when they can go places on their own. So glad that your grandson knew what to do. That's bad if the axil broke. So glad no one was hurt.
Sorry, I haven't been around much lately. My mother is having problems and may have to be readmitting in the hospital. High fevers.
Funny about the little bird that didn't move, hah.
The trigger finger that I had a shot in has been fine ever since. Just this week it hurts and is stiff. I have also had pain in my elbows, like an ache. Maybe all the rain we have had. It isn't from cool weather.
You take care, and I hope you can figure out your hand.
Hugs