Monday, June 22, 2015

It's Summertime Already!

June 22, 2015

Good morning.  The sun is shining, and it is 66F degrees.  Later today the temps will reach the low 80's.   The weatherman says it will be in the 80's all week, and then Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be in the 70's.  Not too shabby!!

Has anyone besides me noticed how Summer is already here?  I waited all through that very long winter for Spring to arrive, and then spent most of the Springtime sick in bed.  Not fair!!  Now that I'm feeling better, it's already Summer.  Hopefully, Pogo and I will be able to get out more often now.  I'm hoping that we'll even be able to get away for a weekend or two.  We'll see.

Yesterday was a very quiet day for me.  I actually slept a good part of the afternoon.  Gosh, I hope this tiredness doesn't increase each year with age because I'll be comatose by the time I'm 80.  I guess it's time to get back in the habit of drinking my coffee and taking my vitamins each morning. 

It rained all day yesterday, so I did not get out to take more photos.  Instead, I went into my photo archives and pulled out a few photos from this same day in 2012.  These were blooming in my garden three years ago. 

First is the peach rose.  Next is the Japanese Iris, which isn't ready to bloom yet this year.  I think these photos were taken both before and after Joe had watered the garden.




Sometime this morning, a gentleman from the medical supply company will be coming by to do a routine check on the oxygen concentrator.  He called Saturday morning as I was getting ready to leave to do my grocery shopping, to say that he was nearby and wanted to stop by then.  I told him he would have to come back another day.  I'm not hiding anything, but I like more than two or three minutes notice that someone is coming for any maintenance checks.

Well, I think I should get busy here and get dressed before this fellow gets here.  So, on that note I'll take my leave.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning, thanks for stopping by and leaving such lovely comments. I so appreciate them. I really like the daily e-mail messages...great way to stay in touch. So glad you are finally gaining some energy back too! We hit summer long before it officially arrived...ROFL....we have been extremely humid and that coupled with the rains we have received has made being outdoors very oppressive and the mosquitoes will just carry you away! The spray can't last long enough to work before it is washed away!!! We got some thunder showers here most of the afternoon yesterday, but just east of Dallas got between 4-6 inches of the rain....sure is sad that some of it can't go west where all the fires are burning. We still have lots of flooding to watch for, but supposedly we are in a drying pattern for at least this week and our temps to be in the upper 90's and upper 70's during the night time. Mother Nature is not distributing very well this year I think...!! Oh well, we have to take it as it comes and be prepared to deal with whatever it is! On that note, think I will hush and go fix some breakfast, my kitties all got fed hours ago as did the birds (about sunup...LOL). You & Pogo have a terrific day and enjoy it to the fullest! Hugs! Mat

smiekeltje said...

Oh, you are having Summer at the moment. Embrace it with both arm, because you never know how long it will last LOL!
Still feeling tired?? I think it also has to do with our pneumonia, that was a bad one for both of us and although we might feel much better, our body still is working on it to get completely and totally rid of it. And also because we are older now, it takes a bit more time.
so it will get better( I certainly hope so, but I think it will).
I woke up late too, well, in my opinion, so the morning has passed already for about 3/4, hmmm, I am not yet completely awake and bursting with energy, so I think I will try to do something in PSE, and then slowly will get into gear, and start being busy after ca. 12.30 a.m. ????????????
Take care, enjoy the good weather,
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Thank goodness summer finally arrived. I thought it was going to skip right by for a bit. We're all settled into our summer site where it's nice and shady and I've started to get some birds coming to my feeders. Ah...life is good.