Friday, June 26, 2015

It's National Take Your Dog To Work Day

June26, 2015

Good morning.  It's a bit gray and cloudy this morning, although there is no rain yet.  The weather man still says that we'll get some rain sometime this morning.  Oh well, we'll just wait and see.  The temperature is in the 60's right now and quite comfy.  It should get up into the mid 70's by this afternoon.

Did you like the title of this post?  I've been watching the Weather Channel all morning, and all the employees there have their doggies at work with them.  I think this is a great idea, and it should happen more often. 

I received another lovely surprise in my email yesterday.  My friend Beth made me a beautiful scrap layout featuring Pogo.  Isn't he just the handsomest little guy?  Thank you so much Beth.  I love it.


Folks, do any of you use "4shared" to store a lot of your scrap materials, etc?   If you do, be careful.  I logged in to 4shared yesterday only to find that all my files were gone.  According to them, I had not been active for 180 days, so they emptied out all my files.  Actually, I had been logged in a couple times during that 180 day period, but I guess that did not count. 

Thank goodness I had a lot of my stuff on Mediafire.  Last night, I logged in here and started downloading a lot of my work to put on DVD.   It's a good thing too.  I'm finding that a lot of my files are missing folders.  I need to make copies of all these files before any more folders go missing.

I did call my doctor yesterday to ask for a different type of medicine to use temporarily until my chest is completely clear.  This morning, his office called to say that he had phoned in a couple of new scripts for me to pick up today.  Hopefully, the new medicine is not in powder form.

I did not get to go food shopping yesterday, so when Joe gets home from work, we'll go to Market Basket to pick up some groceries.  I don't need very much, but I like to take Joe each week because he does not have a car.  He helps me, I help him. 

Yesterday afternoon, I was watching a video on the Weather Channel of a woman (Mary) who was in her car when the car got swallowed up by a flash flood water.   She was on her cell phone calling 911 for help.  Only the top of her car was visible when the rescuers got to her.  They were able to swim out and break a window on the car and get Mary out safely.  Yeaaaaaaah!!!  It's good to hear some good news.

I dug into my photo archives again to find some new photos to share.  These were taken a couple years ago while I was working.  The first two photos were taken through a window after dark.  The last photo was taken through the same window early the next morning.

 


One of the things I miss about not working, is the hummingbirds that always came to the Mrs' feeder.  I hardly ever see these beautiful little birds around here.  I had planned on putting up a couple of new feeders for them in the garden this year, but it hasn't been a good year so far for me to play in the garden.  Maybe in another week or two, Joe can put up at least one feeder.  We'll see.

Well that's about all my news for this morning.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

So, guess what ... I had already put your link in my files and forgot about it. Now if I can just remember, I will be able to post whenever I want whether Google likes it or not. It is time to feed the animals so will keep this short (which is okay since we have already talked on e-mail). Hope you made it to the grocery. Don't want you or Pogo to go without :) Be well, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Annesphamily said...

You and Pogo are so precious. everywhere I go, there is so much politics. I am just happy to see my friend and her precious furry friend. Have a beautiful weekend. Hugs, Anne

smiekeltje said...

I hardly ever use 4shared anymore. And i didn;t have a lot of files there. So no harm done if they skipped the few.
A shame that your medicine causes you so much coughing. Hope your doctor has found some good working new ones. I have for easier breathing now Spiriva, only have to take it once a day. Great, much easier than with the other brands.
For now it works okay for me.

What a lovely layout Beth has made with Pogo! One more to put into your album!

I just don;t know if I will post today or tomorrow on my blog. Have to go out shortly, to take the doggies of Heidi out for a walk, so I think I will post tomorrow morning.
It will be more relaxed.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, lots f sunshine, no coughing and other unpleasant things, a fun with Pogo.
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

One of the first things I purchased when we started our life on the road was one of those gizmos that will break a window if needed. Hope to never use it, but it's in the car just in case.