Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Birthday Gary Jr, And Happy Fathers' Day To Dads Everywhere

June 21, 2015

Good morning.  Tis a bit on the cloudy wet side here in my little part of New England.  But, I'm alive and kicking, so it's another very good day.  Yesterday was my son Gary Jr's birthday.  I wish him much peace and happiness.  Happy Birthday son, I love you.

Today is also a special day for Dads everywhere.  They will need their umbrellas though, when they go outside to cook on the grill.  Right now it is 72F with light rain, but we are expecting thunder storms with some heavy downpours during the day.  So, to Dads everywhere, I wish you a Happy Fathers' Day.

So, what did I do these past couple of days?  Not much!!   When it came time to go grocery shopping on Friday afternoon, I just wasn't feeling up to it.  So, Joe went with me on Saturday, and it made the shopping go much quicker.  We each had a carriage and half of the shopping list.  I haven't got my shopping done this quickly in a long time!!

The official prom photos arrived on Friday, and that evening, Deanne emailed me a copy.  Oh my, be still my heart.  I am so very proud of this young man, my grandson Kevin.  Here's a look at how beautiful he and his girlfriend looked at his prom.


This young man came into the world three months early, weighing only two pounds.  He's smart, and talented, wicked good at basketball and baseball, and will soon be off to college.  He's also a really nice guy.  Is it any wonder this old grandma is beaming proud of him?

A couple nights ago, I started working on the Claret (deep maroon) afghan again.  For two different nights, I worked on the same six rows, putting them on and ripping them out to start over again.  Several times, I set the afghan down and walked away.   The last time I managed to get all six rows back on, I took a good look at the afghan and realized that I had been doing the wrong pattern.  Oh no!!!  So I ripped those rows out again.  I finally got my pattern stitch right, and got the rows back on, plus a few more.  Some days, my brains just don't function properly!!

Today I have a couple more photos from my gardens.  The first photo is one of our pink peonies, and the second photo is the pink  rose tree.



I imagine after the rain has passed, most of our peonies will be gone too.  But oh my, while they are here, they are simply gorgeous!!   I think that next year, I'll have to buy some wire cages to put around the peony plants to help keep them from falling over.  Well, at least I'll look into it.

A couple weeks ago, I bought a couple of squirrel feeders.  Yesterday, I picked up a can of shellac so that we (Joe) can put a finishing coat on them before we put them outdoors with food.  Later today, I'll take some photos of them.

Yesterday afternoon, I gave Pogo a bath with his medicated shampoo because he has been itching ever since he came home from the beauty salon.  I think he must be allergic to whatever shampoo that they use there.  I'll have to remember to ask them not to use it anymore.  Today, he still has a few itches, but not as bad as it was before the bath.  I'm sure after another one or two medicated baths, he will be fine again. 

Well, that's about it for my new this morning.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a simply fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Kevin is a very handsome man and he and his girlfriend make a striking couple.
You have much more patience than I do, I probably would have just kept on with the afghan and left the error. I hate ripping things out. But you did the right thing.
Your peonies are beautiful. I've been working on my garden here at the campground and will get photos out soon.

smiekeltje said...

Gorgeous photo of Kevin and his girlfriend!
Oh poor Pogo, glad the itching isn't almost there anymore. Yes, you definately should ask the salon to use another shampoo for him.
Your pionie looks so beautiful. I tried to grow a bush in the garden, but it didn;t work out for some reason.
Slowly we get more and more blooming plants in our garden. I should try to make a couple of photo by now.
May be later this week, then the weather should be better too.
Have a lovely day,till next time
Hug
Kyra

Nani said...

Kevin's prom picture is just gorgeous! His girlfriend is beautiful and they are a stunning couple!!

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the squirrel feeders. I think we need one of those. This year I've seen three chipmunks duck into holes at the base of the oak tree n out front yard. It's been fun watching them and the squirrels scaling that tree. No wonder that's the cats' favorite Cat TV screen!

I can imagine having the wrong pattern makes a huge difference! I remember being just one square off on counted cross stitch a couple of times. BIG TIME frustrating!

Happy Summer First!
Hugs, Nani