Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Cloudy With Rain Coming Our Way

April 7, 2015

Good morning. Tis a cloudy day here in my little part of New England.  According to the Weather Channel, we will be having rain for four days, starting sometime today.  Well, I suppose that's one sure fire way to get rid of the rest of the snow that is still hanging around in our yard. 

I also noticed that we have a couple days that will be in the 60's after the rain has stopped.   That will most definitely be welcome!  It will be so nice to be able to put the winter jackets away.  I imagine that the flower bulbs and plants that I ordered a while ago will be arriving shortly.  It would be nice to be able to plant them soon after they get here. 

Yesterday, we did go out for a little while, but only to do errands.  We did not make it to the park, and now that will have to be put on hold until after all the rain has gone by.  Even so, Pogo was just happy to be out riding in the car. 

Here's a photo of Pogo sitting by his door, watching for Joe to come home so that he can have his turkey treat.   Now that it is not so cold, he enjoys sitting here, especially when it is sunny.  My little guy loves the warm sunshine.

 
Last evening, I got all comfy in my lounge chair and reached for my crocheting.  Oh dear, my crochet hook was missing.  I searched everywhere, even in and under my chair, but no luck.  The hook was no where to be found.  I ended up borrowing a crochet hook from dwarf Helen so that I could work on my new project. Looks like Pogo and I will be making a trip to JoAnn's in the next day or two so that I can buy some new crochet hooks. 
 
While I was looking on-line for a couple of items, I came across this popcorn popper.  Hmmm, I wonder if this would be a nice addition to our kitchen (in the main house).  Most all the dwarfs like popcorn, so I think I'll toss this idea out to them to see if they would like one of these
 
Some of the new plants that I bought last week are blooming now, so I'll take photos of them today to share.  Right now, I think I'll go out to see if the mail has come.  So, on that note, I'll take my leave.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Debby said...

Dark and cloudy here today. I am thinking of just staying put. Pogo likes his treat. I vote yes for the popcorn machine.

smiekeltje said...

Pity you didn;t make it to the park. because of the rain. But some rain is good, indeed, to get rid of the snow, and for all the new sprouts of flowers and trees.
Curious to hear of the bulbs you ordered.
I can see that Pogo also is longing for some real sunny and warmer weather LOL.
Oh my, will it ne tempting for you to go buying some crochet hooks? I suppose they also have lots of wool and other nice stuff that looks so nice!
Must post now and later do some eraands.
Have a lovely day.
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Oh it's the old "I lost my hook" excuse for a trip to JoAnne's. You are shameless, my dear.
Pogo looks so happy sitting in the doorway watching the sunshine and spring happenings.
It's nice to see the season finally beginning to change.

Edna B said...

Oh my gosh, I've just had the most wonderful giggle! Yeah, I guess I am shameless. haha. You have a super day my friend.
Hugs, Edna B

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I'm crawling in to try to catch up ... I sure don't know where the time goes. Spring is such a busy time ... so much yard work. Not the fun stuff, like planting new flowers, but cleaning up the mess left by winter. I have had help (Ryan and Mint) but we have only just begun. I sure feel old after just an hour of bending, stooping and lifting. I find myself plopping down in a chair instead of by the computer. I try to keep up on my posts, but find it very hard to find time to comment. Hopefully, a little more of this and I will regain some of my "youthful" energy.

Izzi had a trial last weekend and I was huffing and puffing as I came across the finish line. Don't know if I am just getting older or if the courses are getting longer. Anyway, I sure need to do something to get back in shape.

I listened to the three videos of your beautiful, talented granddaughter ... Oh my, I bet it brought tears to your eyes. And Jasmine looks so much like you. What a treat and a blessing.

Seems like Pogo is getting into the idea of spring even though you still have snow on the ground. He is such a cutie ... and I loved the pictures of the cats. They are both really beautiful and I am so glad they have become friends. It is so much better for them to have someone to share with and play with. Do they come into your part of the house or does Pogo make sure they stay out? He may never get used to them if he has never had experience with cats before. As a rescue, you can't know. Well, my friend, I need to take Izzi for a potty outing. Our neighbors have landscapers out back so she is very cautious about being out there. She has been really good about not barking at them, but if they drop something of make any big noises (as they frequently do) she heads for the house. No peace for the weary, I guess. Be well, and enjoy your trip to JoAnns :) Izzi sends her love to Pogo too ...

Andrea @ From The Sol