Monday, April 6, 2015

A Nice Day To Be Out And About

April 6, 2015

Good morning.  Today is starting rather nice, with the temps in the mid 50's later today.  We'll be getting rain tonight and tomorrow.   I'm watching the Weather Channel to see how much rain and snow will be falling in California.  They need the water so badly. 

Well Pogo and I had a beautiful quiet day yesterday.  After dinner, Deanne and Eddie stopped by and brought me the most beautiful maroon azalea plant.  I tried photographing it, but the color wasn't coming out right so I downloaded a picture from Google.  Isn't this pretty?  The blooms on my plant seem to be a bit darker than those pictured.


Joe was outside yesterday cleaning the dead leaves from the little gardens close to the house.  Gosh, he uncovered lots of green sprouts.  There are lilies, iris, tulips and jonquils all making their way into Spring.  Now if only we could get rid of the rest of the snow, Joe could clean out the garden on the other side of the house.   Oh well, pretty soon.  Most of the snow has melted, but there is still quite a bit left.

I have a couple of photos of Pogo (taken with my phone) from yesterday.  In the first one, he's deciding whether or not he likes his new little fuzzy doggie.  In the second photo, he's saying "thank you" to Auntie Dee Dee for his new shirt.



I was going to take a photo of his new shirt, but he keeps it near him and lays his face on it.  Here's a photo I just took.  It's fuzzy, but you can see what I'm talking about.  I'm not sure what's so special about this little shirt, but Pogo loves it.  (Maybe he can smell Auntie Dee Dee on it?)


I got to take a nice nap yesterday afternoon, and last night I crocheted a while on my new project while I watched TV.  It was a quiet ending for a really nice day.

Well, that's all my news for this morning.  It's time for me to get dressed so that Pogo and I can go out to do a few errands.  Who knows?  Maybe we'll even take a ride to the park.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

The azalea is beautiful, I know I'm sure enjoying seeing them here in Texas. It's so nice to see that hot splash of bright color.

Your weather forecast gives me hope, we turn See-More's nose to the north for the first time today and will slowly start to make our way back to the Midwest.

Enjoy your fabulous spring day and I could just envision those iris, tulips and jonquils poking up out of the ground - it's so life affirming to see the beginnings of the plants again.

Unknown said...

I just love azalea's. I never had much luck with them because our soil had too much acid in it. No matter how much new soil and mulching that I did. But my sister in law had the most beautiful ones I had ever seen.

So cute about the little sparrows. I loved seeing the pictures.

I am glad that you enjoyed your Easter. Ours was really nice. Had my daughter and grandkids over on Saturday as they had plans for Sunday and then daughter Karyn was over yesterday to spend most of the day and we cooked and cooked and chopped. Between the movies, the grandkids and the Easter dinner we all deserved much needed naps!

I love Pogo's Easter pressies. How cute. I bet he does smell his Auntie on the little sweater. He is such a little doll baby!
Cisco had baked glazed ham for his Easter treat. Just a little tho because pork is not good for doggies. He was begging for it tho. It is hard to turn down those big brown eyes.

I just love the shrug that your doing. What color are you using for it? It will be beautiful I am sure.

I was going to email you Easter wishes but I didn't get on the computer. I was so busy. Jonathan was playing his game on it and When he was offline I was doing other things. It is good to take a break from it occasionally anyway. I can become so addicted to it.

I will email you a little later on. I have an Easter picture of my baby granddaughter that I want to share with you in her Easter dress. I still have to scrap the page. You know how her mama is about her pictures on the internet, so I will email it to you if I get it done in time today.
I need to go to Walmart and pick up my insulin and blood pressure meds today as well. Hugs and I will talk to you soon. Beth

dee said...

awe...... pogo is so cute- i'm glad he loves his shirt ❤️

Annesphamily said...

My hubby and I are chuckling over Pogo and his antics. He is quite a particular lil fellow isn't he? HeeHee!I know you love those Red Sox, and I am happy you are my friend and we can disagree on MLB teams! My sister has not spoken to me in over a week. I assumed because she was close to our older sister that passed away that she would like the Kentucky Wildcats in March Madness. Well, she light into me over the Notre Dame loss to Ky. Yikes! I prefer not to engage her nonsense any further. Most of the mean things she was yelling about made no sense at all. She is so crabby and miserable I have decided to stay far away and pray for her. I like to agree to disagree. You know, over at Face Book people get so nutty over their "causes" and meanwhile Our world is in such sad, sad shape. I have taken a few hits from total strangers about comments I made so I shy away from all their nonsense. I like FB because for instance a few nights ago I was messaging privately my friend Cheri in Ohio and my other friend Burdie in Oklahoma while catching up with Jean, a gal I worked with, who retired to Tyler, Texas. I think if we all felt the same way about everything, wouldn't life be boring? That azalea must be gorgeous. I received a sweet gift from Brittany and her lil one Addy. It is the prettiest orange blossoming lil plant. I will have to post a photo soon. Have a good evening.

smiekeltje said...

Azalea's can be beautiful. and if they are on a right place, they grow slowly, but will bloom every year. ine is just starting to give flowers, hoorray!
You may be right about Pogo's new shirt. He might smell auntie DeeDee on it, and as he loves her, he loves the shirt.
wonderful to hear you had a great Easter Sunday.
Hope today will be as nice and that you can go to the park.
Hugs
Kyra